Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, May 13, 2013

Hilton Head Island, SC

So happy to get to Hilton Head - our hotel room overlooked the beach and was pretty big with a little kitchenette so that was fun. 
 This girl is turning onto her side these days.
 The view from our room. Pool & beach!
Our fair-skinned blue-eyed beauty needs her shade. 
 I've heard the Atlantic is supposed to be warmer than the Pacific but it felt just as cold to us as ever!
 Love these two.
 That's how close our hotel was to the beach. Not bad!
Basically, Hilton Head Island is just a big resort spot to relax, not much to do but lounge by the pool and stroll the beach. Fine with me. So after a few hours of that and doing some much needed summer clothes shopping for Zach at an outlet, we headed back to Atlanta to catch our flight in the morning. 
 I looked up restaurants in Atlanta on Diner's Drive-ins and Dive's and picked this one because I wanted some gooooood southern bbq. And what sounds better than Daddy D's BBQ JOYNT??? I must admit as we pulled into the parking lot and saw nothing but black people outside a rundown shack, we were a little... scared for our lives?? But then we quit judging and stepped inside to find all kinds of nice people inside so we got down to business and ordered whatever we wanted :)
I was bummed they were out of the one thing I wanted - rib tips, I guess they go fast - so I settled for the ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, and corn bread and it was amaze balls to say the least. A gooey sloppy delicious mess.
Daddy DDDDD'z - great authentic southern bbq!
Side note: Zach didn't do his bloody hair the entire week. Aaaagh. Boys.
 Just a couple hours of sun for me... and Georgia looks adopted.
Enjoying some cartoons on the plane ride home. 
Except for one horrendous up-all-nighter, she was a good babe to bring along. 

2 comments:

  1. So...Jason and I just finished the second season of pretty little liars....so random you should stay at the hilton head...did you see allison or vivian there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! That is seriously the first thing that came to my mind when Zach told me he booked the hotel there!! Haha funny.

      Delete