Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, May 13, 2013

Strolling Savannah

Savannah is seriously one of the most quaint and charming little places I've ever been. It's gorgeous and romantic and in another life, I would live there! The streets are lined with beautiful mossy trees everywhere and all the buildings and streets are old fashioned. We headed down to the Historic District and River Street first to walk the shops along the Savannah River. 
Looking out over the river.
 We had ourselves some New Orleans eats at Huey's which looked out at the river, but the food was kind of blah. What made up for it was the most amazing beignets I've ever had (little French donuts topped with mounds of powdered sugar). I wish I had taken a bag to go! 
 Zach posing at one of the hundreds of commemorative "squares" in Savannah.
 Just a really amazing street that I wish I lived on. I can't tell you how many times I pretended I was Scarlett O'Hara in a big southern belle dress walking these gorgeous streets under an umbrella with Rhett and Bonnie Blue Butler by my side.
 We walked all the way to Forsyth Park, 30 acres of lush greenery, with a pretty fountain in the middle. 
 One of the pretty buildings Zach really liked: 
 Me, obsessing over the trees some more...
  And look what I spotted right there in town. Not surprised, us Blicks are pretty artsy ;)
 After a pretty relaxing day of eating and strolling by the river, we headed out to our hotel in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. As we were driving away, I was a little sad not to be staying right here in Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment