Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, April 18, 2014

Adventure Week - First Stop OC

 We flew in to LAX late Friday night - all went pretty smoothly, Georgia was fine because we stocked the iPad with new shows and brought treats (seriously HOW did parents survive without iPads back then?!) but even then, it was quite uncomfortable to travel being 8.5 months pregnant and trying to squeeze G on my lap when she wanted to sit with me. Not fun. But I was SO excited to be going home!!! To my surprise/delight Georgia went right down in a pack n play at the Winger's home when we got in at 10pm and didn't make a peep! I thought she would be freaked out and scared not being in her bed but she was perfect and slept normal hours - it gave me comfort that it was really ok for us to be leaving her with Nana & Papa for 5 days and it was time to take a vacation just me and Zach! 
On Saturday we hit the beach ASAP! Our days in CA were pretty jam packed with family events so I made SURE to squeeze in a couple hours at the beach for my baby girl!!!! Oh how she loves the beach... it wasn't even the normal perfect weather, it was warm but very breezy, especially on the shore, but that didn't stop us from having the perfect beach day :)

All new summer stuff... can you tell I'm just DYING for summer weather in Utah! It's taking it's sweet time... 
Georgia was happy as could be as soon as she saw that weather. She running straight towards it then stopped abruptly and turned around to face me, put her hands out, and asked me a very animated jibber jabber question: 
I love her so much!!! Modeling her swimwear for me :) : 
 And off to the water!
 It was really pretty chilly down by the water but it didn't stop her for a second! Even when she fell in and got soaked haha. Zach sat with her for a good time in the cold wet sand and built "sand castles" (more like sand piles) for her to smash. 
When she was shivering and goosebumpy, we brought her back up to the warm sand and let her dry.
 Baby bumcheeks are the BEST:
 Even Uncle Jordy was there to soak up the sun with us.
 We ended up at our FAVORITE beach grub spot, Jane's Corndog's and ordered the usual - Rootbeer freezes and chili cheese fries! 
 Yummmmmm!
Georgia loves her Uncle Jordy, probably because he looks so much like her daddy. Whatever it is, he's a teddy bear and loves her back! 
After the beach, we went home and got cleaned up, gave G a nap, and got ready for Bonnie's baptism that afternoon. It was such a beautiful thing to see and reflect back on my own baptism and it was so good being all together with the entire family!! Georgia had 100 cousins to play with and she was running around having the time of her life... with a super soggy diaper. Lovely :) 
That night, we put G to bed and left her with Nana & Papa and went to meet our new little identical twin Nephews, Cash & Cruz! 
It was so weird to hold a baby again... and it's so weird that I will have one so soon... they seem so tiny and fragile! Brought back so many memories of Georgia's newborn days. They are so precious and we are so excited for Cameron & Channie and their family of 7 now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment