Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Passing The Winter Days

Thankfully this winter has been good to us - fairly mild with stretches of warm sunny weather - with hardly any snow. Not bad, but it's still ugly as ever outside.... no green, just a dead wasteland :( but at least we can periodically show our faces in public without our fingers, nose, and toes falling off from extreme cold. We've had some park time:

Which includes picking up random pencils, rocks, leaves...
We planned to go to the last free day of the zoo this season but so did every other human in Utah (good weather and free events are that scarce here) so we ended up at the City Creek mall which has a fun indoor playground for kids. Georgia had her first hair pulling experience by a mean boy... not much to grab but he sure hung on till I slapped his hands away and told him to get lost!! 
Then I let her loose outside and she about dove headfirst into this huge and WIDE OPEN fountain... no barrier or wall to protect against roaming children, they can go swimming if they want! I don't even know how many times I had to squat and keep her from jumping in, then drag her away screaming. Nothing can stop her love for water!
Everyday she brings us her shoes and grunts and runs to our back door longing to go outside...
I love her face!
And her crazy nonstop running around!
Playing in our backyard on the beautiful dead grass:
 Watching cartoons like a big girl during my OB appointment:
Then having lunch with Auntie Krissy at her work!
The bubbles are always a MUST and so is the shrieking. 
Kelly tried to point out a similarity to her momma - "running around screaming trying to stab people with forks." 
Not accurate. 
Then a coworker offered everyone a rubber ducky and Georgia collected as many as she could hold (3 and with my constant help) and we snapped a picture but not before I stuffed my cheeks with Cadbury eggs. Thank you Krissy for always providing candy and toys for us!! We love you.
Oh and the shrieking doesn't stop there. This is how Georgia likes to get our attention:
High pitched shrieking to signify she needs our help. That morning she wanted me to remake her fort that daddy built her the night before. Daddy is always the most fun! He just keeps rolling out the laughter and I just keep packing on the pounds getting fatter and slower... Some play time at the park behind our house: 
 In our jammies. :)
On another gorgeous day, I could only contain her in Joann's for so long...
So outside to the parking lot and grass area we ran...
 And then I finally took her to draper park to run around.
They have this game center outside and G loves to run around dancing to the music and getting run over by the older kids who are actually trying to play the game. Today it was just us so that was nice :)
The warm weather continued for our weekly trip to Provo so we headed to the Riverwoods mall since it's outdoors and spent a considerable amount of time staring and shrieking at this fountain.
She was so good that day... even let me eat some lunch at the Provo Beach Resort and stayed by my side the whole time without running away despite all the many games, lights, and sounds going on around us. 
MORE outside time in the backyard!!  
 Hallelujah!!
I love dressing her up... 
Did you think you saw the last of the Lisa Frank obsession?? Nope.
Look at this face!! Such joy haha. 
Her hair is beautiful, I know...
Thanks Nana for the pretty Sunday outfit!! She gave that to me at my baby shower forever ago...
Georgia also has a fine taste for accessories and fashion. Zach took these rings with animals on them that we normally put on her wrists for bracelets and decided to use them as clip on earrings:
So funny and surprising that she would keep them on because they pinch!!
She pretty much loves anything that can possibly be worn in any combination. Take Zach's trusty yellow shorts for example:
She LOVED it. 
Any of my sunnnies:
Don't matter if they're my Tory Burch's or my $5 Walmart score. 

Other things she loves to wear:
  • Zach's hats - she knows just where to find them in our closet and will bring out 3 at a time
  • plug-in cords - yes it is always supervised, and no I still don't like it and always discourage it
  • all my headbands (multiples at a time)
  • my belts
  • all my hair ties 

Most mornings when she comes into my room, she goes STRAIGHT for the hair ties I fling to the side of my bed when I take my hair out at night and puts them on her as bracelets. And some mornings she already has my belt buckled around her waist and multiple headbands on courtesy of daddy. My hair ties are disappearing fast... 
Oh and let's not forget to add diaper genie refill rings to that list:


Ok maybe she likes anything she can put on that we exclaim "ohhhhhh pretty laaaadyyyyy" over. I can't help myself. 
For a long day at Target, I decided to get her out and let her run for awhile, something I surely knew I'd regret, but it turns out she had a BALL pushing the cart around with me! Belly aching laughs until she got the hiccups, as always.

 All the way out to the car! She never left the cart. Good girl :)
 In the days leading up to our CA/Vegas trip, we spent LOTS of time in our jammies and Zach's man robe (don't judge):
Good balancing:
And cuddles:
Here is a video of Georgia's nonstop alien gibberish. It's a source of constant entertainment for us! I've had other moms tell me it's not like any other baby talk they've heard before. She cracks us up!
I love this girl so much!!!
 I often lay down to bed with a heavy heart and waking with resolve to be a better mom than I was yesterday. Pregnancy doesn't promote my best self and I can't wait to shed all these hormones in a few weeks!! I'm so lucky to have such a happy and fun little girl!


1 comment:

  1. Haha, sounds like maybe Taiyu (Taiwanese)?! Love that sweet girl, she's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete