Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Oh Boy Baby Shower!


Lucky for me, my mother in law is SO sweet and insisted on throwing me a baby shower. I am so grateful for her! Without her, I wouldn't have even had one. Baby showers are fun, especially if they are low key, which this one was. No games or activities, just lots of delicious food and catching up with friends that I dearly missed. It was perfect! She got the cutest sailing/ beach decorations and it turned out really cute.
Too bad I don't have a picture of it all after it was filled with the food! It was a brunch so she made a french toast casserole, a potato, egg, and sausage breakfast casserole, lots of fresh fruit and fruit dip, and a friend of hers made Pioneer Woman's coconut cake which was to DIE for and could probably send a middle aged man to his grave with all the fat and sugar in it but who cares!! No one asked for healthy! It was absolutely delicious. 

I loved the theme she went with! So fun.
Some of Cathy's good friends and Diane on the right who made the cake:
My beautiful sisters in law:
Former co-workers, Bree & Jessica:
Jessica is SO sweet and spoiled ME with a gift instead of baby boy - she got me a beautiful candle, lip balm, earrings, and hand lotion. It was perfect. Love her so much, she's so thoughtful.
High school friends!! Gabby:
Gabby came to my last baby shower when I was pregnant with Georgia and this was the first time she got to meet her since we moved shortly after! 
Gabby & Katherine:
So glad these friends could make it to my shower... I have missed them so much and it was so amazing to get to hear all about their lives and what was going on and have lots of laughs over high school memories and how things have changed or NOT changed at all. 
Amazingly, I was spoiled with some pretty cute boy clothes and it got me excited for little boy to come! Cathy really went above and beyond as she always does and found the cutest stuff for him as well - I don't know how she finds the best of the best, but she really does! She is such a good shopper and always finds one of a kind stuff for me. Can't wait to see the quilt she put together for him too. Thanks so much Cathy and Frank for putting this together and letting us stay with you! We love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment