Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, September 18, 2015

Date Night

Most morning, I spend my time being a human pillow. Every morning Zach brings Bos to my bed and he drinks chocolate milk while we cuddle and watch a show and wait for Georgia to wake up so we can make breakfast. Bos loves to crawl over and lay his head right on my chest, play with my neckline, wrapping it around his numb, letting me tickle him, or getting right up in my face and giving me kisses. He is the sweetest. I love my mornings with him. 

Then we went to Target & stocked up on muddy buddies 😜 (and the essentials) and came home to a surprise visit from Nana!! I was a little horrified. I was just finishing up laundry and getting started on cleaning, our home was a DISASTER. 
But she wanted to see Georgie's new room. 
After lunch, I stopped mid-project to play with Georgie outside in the sprinklers for a few minutes (yes I know we are in a drought) while Bos napped. I try to stop myself when my first instinct is to say no just because I don't feel like whatever she wants to do. So I dropped everything and let her play. She had a BLAST. 

Tears ensued immediately after when it was times for naps. But luckily she was tired and fell asleep quickly. Sometimes I feel guilty about what Bos misses out on when he's asleep :) 

Then for tonight, we left early for a 5:00 date night with friends!! We went out with our new friends, the Palick's. 

They are super fun. Sadly, they are only around till October, then they get to sail overseas all across Europe to play music on cruise ships!! Super cool. Tonight, we did a 90 minute Sunset cruise through Newport out of Balboa Harbor. 

We picked up Cafe Rio salads and ate it out on the deck with that view. It was beautiful and there were tons of Dolphins swimming beside the boat of course!

Then walked through balboa and ended the night with arcade games where we scored a nice couple's handful of tickets they were giving away. So we got some candy and toys for G & Bos. Then splurged on a photo booth op 😂 

And hula hooped our hearts out to some beats!!

 I felt like a kid again :) 
When we got home I was happy to hear the sitter putting Georgia to bed so I snuck in there and watched her face light up. I was so happy to get to snuggle her before bed time. I took the sitter home & when I walked through the door, I was even happier to see both babes awake in Zach's arms and eating corn of all things, just happy as can be and beaming at me. 
So we played & made Bossy laugh - he has the best laugh ever!!!! 

And then I tossed him in bed with ease & he was happy as a clam. He is so ease to put to bed these days. Just a binky and his stuffed zebra and a blanket & he's the sweetest happiest boy!! We love our babies!!!

1 comment: