Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Nikki Said Yes

Nikki is getting married!!! At last, my childhood best friend that I have known since the age of 6, has found the guy!! And lucky me, I moved back in time to throw her a proper bachelorette party :) 
I was so lucky to have help from a old high school friend, Ashley Cook, who messaged me out of the blue to ask if she could offer any and ALL help, and my goodness, she blew me out of the water. I was constantly in awe of how unusual this was and how she just fell into my lap and completely made this a success. Without her, this would have been a sad party :) her in laws own a party rental store so she was able to help with the tables, dinnerware, etc, which was perfect! It left me to decorate to my hearts content and figure out the yummy food, games, invites, theme... So much fun! 
We came up with this cutest combo of neon pink, black, white, and gold 😍 and holy moly I loved it. 
Thanks to my trusty cricut (my newest craft obsession), I was able to make those gold glitter rings & print out the invitations, handmade with love. 
I also knew we HAD to have Ryan Gosling there. I mean 😍😍😍 drooling. 
Thanks to my friend Emily, this engineer print & poster board cost me all of $3! So easy and cost effective! 
And Target for the win, always. Zach helped me put up these twinkly lights over our back porch & im in love! It totally set the mood. 
Finally the day came to set up and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to sweep my kids out the door & just make this party happen. Ashley was a trooper, she came all the way from Ventura, dropped her baby girl off in Torrence with her sister in law, and made it to my house by 3:30 to help me all the way till the party started at 7:00. And she is a perfectionist like me, so we totally mesh 100% :). By 6:30 I was starting to get the jitters and feel weak!!! I'd never had the party jitters before... Maybe cause I'd thrown a party for anyone other than my babies... But it was nerve racking. Also... We all spent the entire night SWEATING TO DEATH and I'm shiny & disgusting is all of these pictures, THANK YOU California heat wave. We carried on. 
The food table & main table I guess: 
The incredible tables via Ashley. Yes those are gold rimmed plates & gold flatware 😍😍😍. Amazing! 
Details. 
The food was so yummy, just a light dinner of Asian salad, New York pull apart rolls, fresh watermelon, chips & artichoke dip (the spinach parm kind from Costco, I'm obsessed) and lemonade with fresh puréed strawberries! 
The tiny and perfect tables: 
Everything was perfect & for once I was on time! With even some room to take pictures with my Canon camera before the sun went down. 
Nikki soon-to-be Geiss there in the middle & Ashley on the right: 
Ryan. 
Plant the Lips on Ryan Gosling in action: 
The party attendees: 
The dinner table trivia, printed on white gold shimmer paper! I love the details. 
I was dying over those questions & memories of my Nikki! 
Good old banana ring toss among other fun games. 
And at last it was time to relax & open gifts. 
Every one needs a good muumuu haha!! 
It was such a fun night, small & intimate with just a few friends, just enough food, good conversation, and a chance to celebrate love :) 
We love you Nikki!!! 
Love is exhausting. ;) 

3 comments:

  1. I am totally going to steal your ideas for my sister's bachelorette party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! Good luck! Party planning is tough business.

      Delete
  2. Blasting party! Going to steal these ideas for my cousin’s bachelorette bash. Planning a thrilling girls night out and a Mexican dinner bash for her. Have just reserved a popular event venue in Chicago and now eagerly waiting for weekend.

    ReplyDelete