Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Halloween Festivities

This month was a good one! Lots of family time and adventures :)
We went to Cornbelly's to check out the pumpkin patch fun:
Tractor rides...
Hay rides...
Love this girl.
Cornfields...
Such a good day and perfect weather! 
Then it was time to party. My sister had a Halloween party at her home. Which she turned into Hogwarts, the Quidditch field, & the platform of 9 and three-quarters WITH it's very own chamber of secrets. Well done sis! 

The chamber of secrets with her cool snakes inside:

They had Harry Potter going for the kids (and Zach):
And we came as Grandma, Little Red Riding Hood, and the Big Bad Wolf. Yes, I found our costume material at Saver's and made the rest. It was awesome! 
I also got on top of decorating this year!! Decided with a new home, it was a good time to start :)
I actually was so proud of myself for making one big stop to the craft store and whipping these ideas up in my head without the slightest clue how it would all work out. But I made it happen! I'm really into these deco mesh wreaths and decided I would just stumble through it until it looked like a real wreath. 
And the "beware" banner I threw together with some leftover ribbon, scrapbook paper, and old lettering I had from years ago! I love when I happens. But I owe half my mantle to my sweet mother in law who gives us decorations as gifts every year for most of the major holidays! She finds the BEST stuff for us :) love her so much.
 My witches hat:
 And paper bats up! Yes, I cut each one out by hand. Because I didn't know they sell sets at the store.
This Halloween was great! We even did a little trick or treating at Zach's work in Cottonwood Heights:
 And ate all the candy for ourselves! Next year, Georgia :) it's all yours.
I am finally starting to appreciate the holidays in a whole new light and it makes me happy :)



1 comment:

  1. 1. You look like you're 18 with that hat on backwards. Jealous. No one ever says that about me anymore
    2. Zach looks SO much like Jordan in the picture from Krissy's!
    3. Cutest mantle EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete