Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, February 17, 2014

Just Lately...

In the last couple of weeks, we've had time to visit Zach at work (crazy bed hair an all!)...
Play with his "work toys":
Taste them:
Love these two!
It was such a long day, she even crashed on the way home - she never does that! 
I hit 25 weeks and officially said goodbye to the last of my non-maternity clothes :( no more squeezing in without ruining them later... 
Thankfully, a good friend lent me a bag of cute maternity clothes to hold me over! I've been so fortunate to always have handmedowns because maternity clothes are expensive! And what seem to me like a waste of money... 
I've also entered the stage of "nesting". Something I never had the chance to experience with Georgia as we were in temporary housing when she was born. In this case, nesting means spending money on a crap load of Target and Ikea organization goods and apparently mint is mandatory as well. No one can beat their prices!! 
I really did get so excited to finally organize all the paperwork and keepsakes from Georgia's pregnancy & birth that had been sitting around in piles for the last year! As well as get squared away for all the new baby's paperwork and even our household bills & receipts were all filed neatly away into the cutest file folders ever! I never thought I'd see the day when I would get organized... thank you Pinterest! Found this awesome pin that inspired me, down to the very file folders: http://www.unoriginalmom.com/best-baby-shower-gift-ever/

I also kept on my "pregnancy diet".... ugh I really just don't hold back. Ever. We waited in this ridiculously long line for the infamous Waffle Love food truck in the crazy freezing cold weather only to get to front of the line and find out they had RUN OUT of dough. Uuuuuugh. No waffles & biscoff for me. 
But it's ok because we hit up Sweet Toothfairy to satisfy our need for sweets where I ended up with chocolate cookie ice cream allllll down the front of my belly. Classt. Then we went to Waffle Love the next week at TEN AM when it opened, in even more freezing cold weather. But I didn't even care because it was AMAZING!! Here is my crystal sugar encrusted waffle with Biscoff cookie cream smothered on it and loaded with strawberries and a mound of whip cream:
I love that they don't skimp at all! It was covered in berried and whip cream. No need to spread and portion!
This lady has started feeding herself: 
And has endless adorable handmedowns from her Auntie Kell Bell, complete with matching tights:
She actually barfed all down the front of this and smelt SO bad the entire 3 hours of church that Zach was asking to take her home for an outfit change, but she looked so dang cute, we just left her stinky!! Everyone wanted to know where they could get this cute outfit but sadly, it's no longer on the market. Thanks again Target & Kell!
We picked a sunny day to meet up with friends at the park but again, it was relentlessly COLD! No snow but bone dry and COLD! So I bundled her up in the warmest outfit I could find: 
Her faux fur P coat from Nana!! She belongs in the streets of New York with this outfit people!! 
It was hilarious and adorable at the same time. She looked like a mini grown up in the huge coat with little legs sticking out. Seriously cracked me up especially being a new walker and stumbling around in those cowgirl boots. 
Charlie, Georgie, and a random photobomber:
I forgot how much she loves the swings!! 
It is such a shame I am a wusse and have no idea how long it will be before I can brave the cold again...
Seriously, a million smiles just like this even though her hands were icicles: 
Made me so happy!!
This park is awesome. It has several separate playgrounds within it, two sets of swings, and even this weird outdoor game center where you can play games with friends, touch the lights, and dance to music! She loved it.
Daddy left us for a long work trip - FOUR days!! He never travels that long. It was just us two:
 This face: 
After we finished FaceTiming ignoring daddy... ah my little ginger :) 
Eventally, Daddy came home and resumed saving my life. I can't imagine what life without him would be like!! We tried to find fun things to do... Scheels.... 
 (any new ideas are welcome)
And despite some pretty consistent two naps a day, she still woke up like this:
Crazy bed hair and extremely grumpy!!
Haha I can't resist smiling at it either...
She looks like such a little boy....
Nothing a quick play date can't solve:
Our friends have the coolest toys!! Ours always pale in comparison... she cried when I had to drag her out.
 Socks. Zach's socks. 
They are overtaking my house. They can be found everywhere! But mostly in front of the sofa and by the bed. He may be a life saver but he definitely leaves a messy trail. :)
We had more time for baking and experimenting: 
Lemon tarts! They were amazing :)
Made this delish and easy peasy fajitas dinner for the first time and loved it so much, it might become a regular!
We are filling our home with warmth and yummy food and silly nights together... Georgia is cracking us up on a daily basis now, learning new tricks and providing us endless entertainment now that she is up, walking, and always on the go! But we sure miss sunny CA, beach days in January, and family & friends back home. Sure wish May would come a little faster...













No comments:

Post a Comment