Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, February 6, 2014

We Have A Walker

This babe started walking ON the day she turned 13 months! (Yes, I steal Zach's man robe on occasion every morning) We had been practicing with her at night going from me to daddy, just a few steps, so I was totally shocked to look up from my breakfast that morning and see her walking from one couch to other (about 10 steps) and then even more shocked to see her come walking right over to me in the kitchen, at least 15 or more steps! She did it a few more times and then again at night when daddy came home but eventually got tired. 
The very next day looked like this:
Following me around and wanting to walk everywhere! She has pretty good balance even for being on kind of slippery wood floors.She was a pro by the 3rd day:
I love that her little hands are on her belly as she's turning corners and walking with such determination. She never looked back! I love it so much. She loves loves loves to walk and almost never crawls anymore unless it's to get somewhere to pull herself up again. Even then, she was pushing herself up onto her feet within 5 days. I love to hear her little feet roaming up and down our halls, exploring anything she can. I had been waiting so long for her to start walking, I was so tired of carrying her everywhere and not letting her crawl around in public where it's dirty. Now that it's finally here, I had a moment where I said goodbye to my baby and hello to my growing toddler! So sad those days are over sometimes - I remember when she would sleep all day in my arms as a newborn and I realize that the times she falls asleep in my arms are few and far between now. But she brings me new joy every day! I love her so much and can't wait to see what this year brings us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment