Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Sick Bug

Sadly, this little baby came down with a nasty fever a couple weeks ago. 
It climbed over about 2 days and got all the way up to 103 but thankfully it broke the next morning. I kind of secretly loved the side effects that came of it... hanging out close to Momma and letting me tickle her neck. 
She let me cuddle her while watching shows, she fell asleep in my arms, and just wanted me to hold her all the time (kind of hard with a pregnant belly, but I loved it all the same). She didn't want to eat much so we made lots of healthy smoothies to help keep her hydrated and full.
 And despite feeling hot and tired all day, she still had lots of smiles to hand out with just a plain old box and an empty wrapping paper roll!
She had so much fun just climbing in and out of it. 
And she looked like a million bux! She's so dang cute, I wish I could wear her outfits.
 Her sick follow-up appointment was all clear... no infections. Such a happy baby!!
Oh wait.
Funny thing, she was WAY more sensitive after the fever broke in the following recovery days... so many tears at the drop of a hat!! This picture was taken after she exploded into tears from not being able to open a book. Other incidents included frustration at the slippery wood floors when walking with socks on, whenever I put her down, not being able to get inside the box, not being able to get out of the box, etc... the list went on. At least she was back to taking 2 good naps a day! 
With all our weekend plans cancelled, we had lots of time to do productive/crafty things!
Thanks to a certain special cousin who was looking for good bows for her new baby girl, I was on the hunt and couldn't find any so I tried my hand at the hot glue gun again to see what I could come up with. And I finally got the process down. It's even free of hand sewing! So easy and fun.
 Next up, this table:
That table is actually a picture off the internet in new condition. The table I received from my sweet sister in law had marker drawn ALLLL over it and wood slats missing from each chair (thanksfully she kept track of them all as they came off) and was basically a hot mess. I wasn't even sure I wanted it but it was in the mix with a bunch of other things she was passing on to me so I just stuck it in my basement and forgot about it... Then I got to thinking about the new baby and getting his room set up and realized that most of G's furniture would have to be transferred to the new baby room so very soon, she would have room for a toy box and more play furniture! So I very quickly and messily threw this spray paint job together and came out with this: 
I must say, I LOVE it. I did a quick crappy job, but I know it'll get lots of wear and tear over the next few years anyway. I bought pink spray paint at Michael's craft store, used some old wood glue we had lying around to put the wood slates back on, and slapped some gold vinyl sticker decals on the top for fun! I bought those gold dots to put up on the wall in G's room but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I can't wait to get the baby room set up and move this table into G's room! She's getting so big! 
I also had plenty of time to make this totally disgusting looking but completely addicting treat:
ooey gooey messy chewy chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats mmmmmm! I don't normally like those flavors but I couldn't stop eating these... they are so addicting!
And what did Zach contribute in all these going-ons? ... I did say WE... but I guess his productivity consisted of spending money (a real shocker in itself) at the Nike Outlet on a new running getup and then pretending to run:
Finally some gear to show off his ultra sexy chiseled legs. Seriously, despite being covered in hair, he has GREAT legs guys. A real winner! I can't say what happened to them in this picture: 
Something is definitely wrong with the perspective! Haha.
That's all for our sick weekend... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment