Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, June 27, 2014

6 Year Anniversary

I can't believe it's been SIX years with this guy. Crazy. 
I love this picture with Zach and his boy.
I picked up some chocolates and a sweet card for him (meaning me) because I just can't lay off the Reese's Minis... they are the greatest candy to be invented since chewy sweet tart minis (what is with me and miniature candy?!?) And Zach told me to be ready with a babysitter by 7. Woohoo! 
I dropped Boston off with a sweet mom friend who had been asking and asking to watch him for me and then we were off! He wouldn't say where... got lost a time or two... then called and asked for directions. This place was quite off the beaten path. I was in awe as soon as we pulled through these mint colored gates as the sun was going down and here's why:
driving through ponds filled with geese and ducks, along a road lined with beautiful trees...
This place was gorgeous! And so secluded. I felt like I was in The Secret Garden. 
Especially when we pulled up to this beautiful little cottage/castle for our reservations. 

It was actually kind of drizzling that night, which normally would irritate me since I'm addicted to sunshine, but it was so light and the sun was streaming through so perfectly that it was really quite magical!
We were all seated with our menus ordered and then we asked to get up and wander around some more because there just wasn't enough time and the sun was going down. 
There were so many ponds, little bridges...
...quaint seating areas and streams...
...hidden pathways...
...and stone houses...
...backyard patios along the creek...
Like I said... The Secret Garden!! 
Dinner was pretty good. The restaurant is French and I haven't had too much French food so I thought I'd go with lamb chops since I've never had lamb before. I was kind of nervous. It does freak me out to try other types of meat. Thinking about digging into a little baby lamb leg with my steak knife is kind of sad. But I put feelings aside and it was pretty darn good :) although Zach and I agreed that we just aren't fancy enough for such fancy food. We prefer good ole greasy American beef, burgers, and steak cause that's just how we roll. 
A baked Alaska with a sparkler on the house for dessert:
And then we both just wanted to rush back to the comfort of our home like little old people. That's what babies do to you I guess. 
Definitely a beautiful anniversary. I love this guy. Rain or shine, chokehold or handhold, we stick together through thick and thin! Love you babe.

Now for the REAL story.... (did you really think that was all??)

Silly me, our anniversary really snuck up on us this year with baby #2 and all. And I NEVER forget special occasions, especially if I'M involved ;) haha. I remembered it about 2 days beforehand. So I was reeeeally interested to see if Zach would remember at what point in the day he would realize it was our anniversary. Haha. Why am I always trying to ensnare him in a trap??? Too much fun. 
I had planned to get a babysitter and just tell him when he got home that he could have the restaurant of his choice since I ALWAYS choose, so when he texted me about 5pm to get a babysitter, I was already prepared. Anyway, all went as stated above except that on the way home, I made him tell me just exactly when he remembered our anniversary since I knew he had forgotten. He went on with the "I would NEVER. I planned AHEAD. yadda yadda white lies..." for a bit until I laughed and said I really didn't care. I actually forgot our anniversary up until a couple days ago, so really, I didn't expect you to remember at all either. I was secretly hoping I'd be the one to remind him and see the look of shock on his face but then gave that up when I publicly dedicated my love to him via Instagram/Facebook. But then I never received any text messages shortly after.... 
Finally he spilled. He had spent the better part of his lunch break with his co-worker and good friend/old roommate Matt, when his othere co-worker texted him "Congrats on the anniversary!" to which he replied, "What anniversary??" and then looked at the date on his phone. Then at Matt. Then "Is today my anniversary?! Crap. We gotta go to the mall NOW!" and then while at the mall decided he'd spoiled me enough for Mother's Day so he'd take me to a nice dinner - enter Matt. He is a dating guru in search of a wife and told Zach about La Caille, the romantic little French restaurant. So the truth comes out! Haha. In truth, I don't blame him, and dinner was fabulous. AND we had Reese's minis to share at the end of the day. But man, Zach keeps me laughing, that's for sure. I told him he'd better put these things on his iphone calendar, for I might not be so forgiving in the future ;). 
To top off our night, my mom friend, Heidi, had been begging to let her keep Boston for a whole night so I could get some rest. I honestly never even considered it, and surely didn't think I could let my babies out of my momma bear sight so young, but when I showed up on her doorstep... The black holes were boring into my eye sockets and my head hurt so bad, it kind of took over me! I had every intention of bringing Boston home with me and then I saw her snuggling him and all I wanted to do was sleeeeeeeep. So so bad. I was sooooo tired. So she sent me away. I wasn't even prepared! But sweetheart that she is, she had formula and his blanky and diapers and that was enough. She even told me not to set any alarms, just come by in the morning whenever I wake. So I went home and had AMAZING sleep which was a great anniversary treat :) 
I woke up feeling so good and rested and ready to see my sweet boy again! And too be honest, kind of shocked/guilty that I gave my baby away when he was JUST not even 3 weeks old!! But she said he was an angel all night. I'm so lucky to have such good friends that love my babies! What a perfect way to wrap up week #3. Sleep makes a momma happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment