Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dinner Up The Canyon

My day started out like this:
 Hahahaha how was yours??
 Once again, I do apologize for the endless ridiculous amount of the same crazy baby photo shots on my blog but really, this blog is for me. So just deal with it, or skip over it! 
 Do you not want to look at this face over and over??
 Oh that's right, no one wants to look at billions of pictures of someone else's kid.
 Especially me. 
But when my baby models:
 I show them off. So enjoy.
  She just makes me laugh so much.
 Ahhhhhhhh!
  This is why we call her Kicky McKickerson:
 Hahaha she is an excited kicker. I love love love it.
Ok fine, I'll move on. 
We have some awesome outdoorsy friends and I have been TRYING to be more like them ;) so we headed up American Fork canyon on Friday evening to bbq some good food and enjoy some dutch oven peach cobbler. Yummmm. Ok I will admit that the main reasoning for this is to go far enough into the mountains to escape this CRAZY summer heat. And wear my boots. And a new camo jacket. And take advantage of some delicious peach cobbler and Morton's steak. I meeeeeeeean, to be outdoorsy!! My plans were thwarted. Turns out the canyon is pretty crowded on Friday nights, so back down the canyon we headed... and ended up here:
Back in the heat. Bummer. But hey, being outdoorsy is about roughin it right? Yay for that.
 And yay for good company (who I didn't even bother to photograph... sorry!!) and eating good food in the dark. I only freaked out a little at the small white spiders and yellow jackets and bugs. Inwardly. 
And this one brought her toys out to meet nature:
 Fist pump! Oh yeah. (hahaha)
  That tongue again.
 Yay for nature!
 I've done it again. I've turned a family outing into a photo session and missed most of the main action. Oops. 
 Try to imagine the deliciousness of that itty-bitty steak grillin back there. And say hello to little Charlie. These two gingers are a match made in...Scotland??? #whoknows
 Georgia is THRILLED about the great outdoors hahaha and on the inside, neither so am I. As you can see, I am without my dear jacket. And I also lost her darn headband (throw your hands up in horror) to the wolves. Well they can have it! I make my own! 
Ok but really, it was a pretty fun night with such good food and great company! The main topic of the night? DOTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS! (Please contact me to learn more about them and sign up for this amazing opportunity) hahahaha I am kidding. I wish I could insert a hundred emoticons right now because I am just cracking myself up (what happens when I blog at midnight). 
After said good conversation and food, we headed home and decided to stop at Sheree & Jared's, home of the Doterra Blue Diamond!! They are like the experts on essential oils and extremely cool with an amazing house and the most well-behaved and beautiful children ever. I love them! And their home always smells good and zen obviously (I am really getting good at this marketing thing).
 We crashed their movie and they were kind enough to hang out with us in their pj's while G suffered through the late night as best she could. Not to worry - like I said, their kids are angels and provided entertainment and love while we selfishly enjoyed our time with family. How cute are these two?! 
Georgia & Miles: 
It is so nice to have family around and especially family who care so much! Enough to let you drop by on a Friday night at 10 o'clock and let you ruin their evening plans. We love them! 



1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog, and this is hilarious. Zen? You must have caught us on a good night. LOL. Love those darling pictures of Georgia! We need to drop in on you guys so I can see your house again.

    ReplyDelete