Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Swiss Days 2013

I love Labor Day weekend!! This holiday always ensures some of my most favorite things: family, big spending on lots of over-priced goods and some under-priced steals, and fatty yummy fair food. What could be better?? 
Every year Frank and Cathy come up to Utah for the Swiss Days fair in Midway and usually bring some Hokes with them. This time, Kristen & Aaron came! I got to stay at the Provo house for a few days so I could go early in the morning with Cathy (a Swiss Days veteran & EXPERT). We leave the house at 6:30am in time to find a good parking spot and then pick over each booth multiple times going up and down the aisles... It's basically a man's worst nightmare. So they always go golfing while we practically throw our money in the air like we are millionaires. Jk. But seriously, I spent most of my "budget" in the first 20 minutes. And I set my own budget so obviously I went waaaaaaaaaay over.
Papa & Georgie:
She is such a stinker and has to warm up to him these days. A shock since he's so sweet, is always clean shaven, and never without a smile on his face. They are getting along here, but maybe just because the TV is on in close quarters. Just kidding ;) I'm pretty sure Fox News was on so nothing that appeals to 25 yrs and under hahaha.
About 1/3 of my Swiss Days loot: 
The home decor at Swiss Days gets me every time! I always spend a good chunk of money on frames and cute things that I really don't need... Just to give you an idea, we had Georgia in a stroller and then a separate stroller just for making trips back and forth for our purchases. We made at least 2 or 3 trips. 
I was straight up worn out by the time we were done... about 1pm and just in time to meet the guys for lunch. It was nice and cool all morning and then the sun came out and just about melted me! It was ridiculously hot. 
And believe it or not, I came back for round TWO with Kristen the next day:
But only to show her the good booths and spend time with her. I was basically cut off from all money the minute Zach looked up the evidence online. And then asked me why I spent $100 over what I told him... but clearly I wasn't finished shopping when we had that conversation!! 
To ease the pain, I got a charm in his honor... one for Zach and one for Georgia. Oh wait, he didn't care. 
 
Flash forward a few weeks (taken today actually)... and here are the matching mini-me skirts I bought for Georgia and I just because it's ridiculous and cute and funny and seriously ridiculous to match with your baby!  I also had hot red heels on that made this twice as awesome, but they are not pictured :) 
I just love her so much. But I have a history of matchy-matchy behavior.... I once matched my little sister for an entire church history tour. And people thought we were twins. In high school. Even though I was 21 and married. hahahaha I guess I am just a dork like that! 
A major dork who LOVES Swiss Days and needs to COOL IT! But not until after next year... my sister reminds me on a monthly basis how bummed she was about missing it this year and how she is going to WRECK Swiss Days 2014 haha! Can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. I have already begun saving $33 a month...hahahaha my fav number of all time now!!! COME BACK IN 33 DAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete