Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Independence Day 2014

My first time going patriotic with my toe nails! 
Also, that was the worst pedicure I ever got and the first time I ever not tipped AND told them I was never coming back. A pedicure should cause that much pain! I am aware I have sensitive toes but this was bad. 
Anyway, we kicked off the morning at The Bay and got there super early with front row seats, shade, and the pool all to ourselves!
I only got harassed twice by the biggest jerk ever over a couple of CHAIRS... it was shocking to say the least and almost ruined my morning.
But I got over it. And it looks like I gave Georgia one of those edgy boy haircuts haha.
We tuckered her out nice and good for nap time (haha her face kills me).
 And she was out!
We met up with my friends this year in Sandy behind the Target for good eats and a firework show. I love these two baby friends and their matching facial expressions!
Obviously Georgia had a beeline to the bounce houses which she was not allowed in so mass meltdown ensued. 
Be and Bai:
 And then Jess showed up:
And then I asked Bai to take a picture of my family and I found these on my phone:
haha! She's so funny. She was hoping I wouldn't see them until she had left for St. George the next week but I'm too quick for that.
Poor Bos was not havin it for picture time.
 So this is what we managed to get... someday we'll laugh at all the mishap pictures where someone is crying! I just hope it's not me :)
 After getting over the bounce house shut down, G spent most of the afternoon climbing into her stroller and jumping off the foot of it. Over and over and over. She thinks she's so clever!
 And getting lots of tickles from Bai.

 We found Heidi just as we were settling down for fireworks. Londy always dotes of Miss Georgia and these two strolled hand and hand all the way down the street to the blankets. I was surprised since Georgia doesn't usually let people hold her hands. 
While waiting for the show to start, the kids threw about 5,000 of those firecracker popper thingies at the passing cars and hyped up on Tummy Yummy drinks and fruit 
  Our view of the fireworks:
It was actually kind of sad... I didn't realize it until halfway through the show, but they never played any music and that was sad to me. I love laying out on a blanket and watching the fireworks as the patriotic music tugs at your heart strings. None this year :( but plenty of friends to share it with. 
Jess & Jackson: 
 Georgia & her second mommy:
Georgia was completely enthralled with the show and didn't move a muscle. Zach was getting jealous so he stole her back and cuddled her up.
 Not a bad evening!
 At the end of it, both babes were sittin pretty on Derek's lap. 
 As we drove home, we pulled over along the side of highland road and looked out over the amazing view to see hundreds of fireworks going off everywhere! It was seriously amazing. You can't tell in the picture but that little light on the right hand side - there were hundreds filling the horizon and it was awesome. You won't find that in California!
It was a fun, hot, sweaty, sticky day filled with friends and family and that's good in my book!


1 comment:

  1. HAHA Kaari, I'm guessing that Boston is wrapped up inside what looks like a black swimsuit. If not, Dad says you better go on a diet! JK, Kells says you are super skinny:)

    ReplyDelete