Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Zach's Golden Birthday #29

Zach is almost THIRTY!!!! Which only made me feel a teeeeeeeny tiny bit better about botching his "golden birthday" (29 on the 29th) this year. Cause next year is when it counts, right?! Anyway, we kept it easy this year since really, his beloved smoker grill was his main gift. If you don't know Zach, he is a simple man. Doesn't care much for fashion. Which is why he owns all of about 4 weekend shirts, and maybe 8 total and they are all about 4 years old and fading fast. He also has his one extremely treasured pair of yellow mesh shorts that I bought him for another birthday at least another 4 years ago and MAN have I paid the price for that! In realizing all this, I also recognize that he doesn't care to shop and doesn't like to spend the money. But I want my babe to be cute! And not completely homeless. So sometimes, when I buy him presents, they are really for me. But when are presents ever not for me??? So I searched and searched for the perfect hip-but-not-hipster hat and hoped he would accept something other than a mainstream baseball team hat! 
He loved it. And I think he looks super cute in it. And so do I! Win win! Presents for everyone haha ;) I also had been on the hunt for some cute plain sweat shorts for him to replace the yellow mesh. I FINALLY found the PERFECT pairs at H&M for quite a reasonable price and I LOVE them! He looks SO cute in them! Finally, an outfit built for comfort AND easy on the eyes. We can both live in peace now. I almost burned the yellow shorts but realized I DID get them for him as a gift oh so long ago... he couldn't find them a few days later and broke into panic asking me if I'd thrown them out. Haha! He really does love them. I guess I just get really good presents ;)
Zach is always having to share his birthday. Good thing he's so easy going. Usually, it's with his nephew, Coby. But now that we live in Utard, he kind of gets his own day. Except this year, everyone gathered to celebrate his other nephew's mission farewell!! Zach is so nice to share. 
We ended up being really early for the open house, so we stopped at a nearby park and let Georgie run around. She is so quick these days! She got up on this bouncy thing and had a blast!
 I mean, everything's more fun when you have a mullet!! A-tro-cious.
Then we I shamelessly took celebratory birthday selfies of us to remember the day Zach turned 29! 
  Even though I pick ridiculous little fights with him and like to push his buttons till they pop, I sure do love him lots and lots. He really is my best friend and worst enemy and greatest lover boy. hehe
 Finally it was time for pie & ice cream and I had way too much I'm pretty sure Georgie had ice cream for dinner. Oooooops. Dairy right? She has sure warmed up to Papa these days and loves to give him cuddles for 2.5 seconds till she's off reeking havoc on the next victim! 
Thanks Zach, for having an awesome birthday on such awesome days that other people want to do cool stuff of that day too!! And thanks for always putting up with me and sharing all your gifts with me as well as your life with me :) you must like me a lot... xoxo Happy 29th babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment