Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lisa Falls Trail

The first of many hiking adventures. 
Fact: I only hike in sandals. Which gives you an idea of the level of hiker I am. But really, my finger toes hold me back from my true potential.
Fact: I only hike to waterfalls or other water sources. My finger toes must be appeased and rewarded. 

Lisa Falls is the EASIEST hike of all time. It's like step, step, step, BAM waterfall. And that's just the way I like it :) You have to climb a tad but even a few feet into the hike, you can already hear the water running! There it is at the top of the rocks:
 Love these hikers.


 Zach took her around closer to the waterfall so it could splash on them.
 And then took these amazing selfies hahaha
 I actually thought it was the cutest thing ever, given that Zach is totally against selfies/most pictures in general.
Her face just kills me. 
More forced kisses:
 Then he was off to conquer. He saw others way up high and wanted to go as far up as he could. 
Where's Waldo??
Then he gave my high strung heart a race by sliding down a sheer drop of the last 15 feet just so I could get after him for almost leaving me husbandless.
 Georgia had a ball just dippin those baby toes in the creek and throwing rocks on rocks on rocks.
 The entire time.
 And shrieking loudly. 
For full effect, press play.
I am all for escaping the heat of Utah and a beautiful landscape.

 At the end of the hike, I realized that it was indeed July 3rd and baby boy was 2 months old! I love him so. He did pretty good on the hike. 
We packed up just as a storm rolled in and the first drops fell & a sweet rainbow crossed the sky. 
 A happy day! Aside from some minor battle wounds. I only slipped once. Dang sandals. All saving & fatal at the same time. They provide the air my toes need to breath and guard against mass anxiety from cramped finger toes and provide zero protection. I don't have feet issues at all. 
 Georgie wasn't done playing when we got home so we rolled through the neighborhood.
 And picked up the mail.
 She was hunting for a coupon. 
A successful adventure day and tomorrow is Independence Day which = more fun! 


2 comments:

  1. WHYYYYYY did yo not take us there (sad teary emoji)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you're hiking with two little ones only two months post delivery, and that YOU are carrying Bos!

    ReplyDelete