Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Conference Weekend

Last weekend my Mom & Dad and Kelly & Finley came to UT! They had tickets to General Conference so yay for me, Kelly & Fin came and stayed with me. But first we met up at the City Creek  mall on a gorgeous Friday, sun out and blue skies! I had been wanting to try the Blue Lemon cafe and lucky for me, Kell read my mind so that's where we met up. It was amazing. I am drooling now recalling the balsamic chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries.... thankfully, my mom loooooves her grandbaby girls (sorry Cman, you weren't here. And you just happen to be a boy...) so I got to scarf down my lunch quickly while she gave up her lap for a bit.
And I'm soooo glad Finley didn't shun Baby G... as she does 99% of females. And Zach. 
 She always wanted to pat her head. Which turned into kisses. 
 And then nose picking. No doubt Jeremy's doing ;)
I love these two.
 They will surely be cousinBFF's. 
 Friendy's for life. 
Hate that they live so far away... but thankful we get to see eachother fairly often :) 

Saturday morning was quiet as we watched the first session in front of the fire.
 G was really into it. She was in awe of the prophets.
 After stuffing our faces all day long and taking the babes to Zupas for a girl's only dinner, we didn't stop there. My hub was nice enough to watch Georgia AND Fin (skeptical) so we could get shakes at Sammy's in Provo.
I forgot how DELISH their banana cream pie shake is. They literally throw a slice of pie into the best soft serve ice cream everrrr.
Obvs we have to take fabulous selfie pics at a place like Sammy's.

 We love Fattie Foods. We don't count calories.
Sure love these girlies. Wish Kris could have been there.

Just a side note: I am soaking up all the time I can get with Baby Sis on the right... she dropped the bomb that along with my parents who were called to Serve as mission presidents in Taiwan this summer, she also wants to put her papers in and leave at the same time! It just hit me over the head. I super duper love my family and wish I could be more like them. I am in awe of their devotion to the Lord/gospel and feel about as big as a roach in comparison. It was definitely an eye opener for me and I decided that I need to stop being so lazy and living in my own little world and think a little bigger. I seriously love my parents and all my siblings who are far greater than I and such an example to me. 

After a few tears and a few prayers, I decided to stop whining about how everyone is leaving and it's too much change and decided to see how amazing these opportunities are and how proud I am to be a part of this family. And then I started laughing. I remembered one of my favorite memories I have of our little Booch. Ever since Kell got me my own wax pot (like 5 years ago), Cait had been bugging me relentlessly to "fix" her eyebrows (there's nothing to fix. Ever. They are fine). So I finally gave in and started ripping away. 3/4 of the way through, I fell apart when I realized that I had taken all her skin along with it!! I forgot that she was on Retin-A cream and her skin was UBER sensitive. I seriously freaked out thinking I had ruined her and in the prime of her high school years!! Embarrassing. But she had a good laugh and begged me to finish her off so at least it even, and then walked around with medicated scabby eyebrows for a good week. Thank goodness for Neosporin. One of my fave memories with her :) love her to death. I am soooo going to miss her abundance of amazing selfies when she has to give up her beloved iPhone....which she said I could have and then promised it to Kell. Witch.

Back to conference weekend. Everyone came to Provo to watch the afternoon session of conference with us and have dinner, homemade strawberry pie made with the most amazing CA strawberries from THE stand in Camarillo, and a special visit from Kimberly Jo Smith, a great great granddaughter of Joseph Smith. Her story is amazing and just talking with her was a great experience and fueled me to go out and buy some great biographies on Joseph and Emma - something I had been meaning to do for years but just never got around to it. 

Then it was off to bed with a clean and naked babe:
 And Monday morning, we got ready to take them to Sandy for lunch to see them off to the airport.
Honk if you are the cutest thing ever!
Love this happy baby.
 And I'm not the only one.
 cousinBFF's
 Love that face. Always too fast to be caught on camera. Blurry little girl.
 Goodbye hugs for NaNa. She really only ever smiles like this for me and Kell. 
I don't think she knows the diff... 
 Getting a little excited to see them go... 

Back at home the next day and back to a normal schedule:

And it's time to plan our next few adventures... we are off to Georgia and Cancun the next two weeks!! YAY! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun/funny post! Loved reading it! Holy cow, I didn't know you guys are leaving to Georgia and Cancun...just the three of you? or like a family reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha oh I laughed so many times during this post!!! It is only a matter of a few more months before we can enroll Georgia in the "Finley School of Everything Naughty That is Humanly Possible To Do"!!!! Weeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete