Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's Go Time

I admit, I have been dragging my feet around and making a ball fest out of every little change that has come our way since making the move to Utah... but in my defense, there has been LOTS of change!! Just to name a few:
-Moving to bloody Utah
-While I was pregnant and miserable
-Living in the SNOW. again.
-Parents have been called to serve a mission in TAIWAN
-Little sis is putting her papers in to go on a mission this summer
-Giving birth to our first daughter. In Utah. As it was snowing.

Anywayyyy.. here is one silver lining that really dulls the ache:
We get to call this Our Home and I'm totally stoked about it :) It is the 3rd home we put an offer on and I'm so glad we held out for it! It was just meant to be and things are really coming together. Our realtor sent it over saying "This is it! This is the house." and he was right. We hurried on over and put an offer in the night of. Lucky for us, our offer was accepted and we close on May 13th. So so excited.

Bonus: it's on the right side of the freeway, just where Zach had his sights set. Well, ok, I guess Sandy was ideal, but Draper is good too.

We are pretty excited about having a backyard, and not just a 15 square foot slab of concrete behind a 2 bedroom condo that would have cost us way more than this awesome house.
Ahhhh California... why do you have to make it so hard for us to live there?? It's snowing here right now... in April.

Bonus 2: It's all redone so we'll have hardly any changes! What a relief. And it already has my dream kitchen!! I think I might live in it. Just stick the mattress right there on those hardwood floors :)
Can't wait to finally decorate Georgie's room!! So excited to paint and set up her crib and get rid of the make-shift stuff we've been using while all her things are in storage... and I love that it already has wainscoting! Score.
I am starting to feel really good about this new adventure Zach and I have jumped into. With so many changes about us, it feels good to buy a piece of land to call our own and put our roots down for awhile. It will feel good to be grounded. If nothing else, how great of a distraction is furniture and decor shopping???
Did I mention it's still snowing here?????  -________-
Enough. It's time to embrace the change!!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see the yard when Zach showed us the pictures! I love it! And the kitchen is to die for! Jealous...we will have to visit you a lot...not much of a yard here for Charlie to play in, poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please!! You will have to come over all the time!! What is a home without friends? Oh and there is a huge park on the other side of our backyard! Charlie would love that too :)

      Delete
  2. So does this mean you'll be cooking more??

    ReplyDelete