Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

I enjoyed this weekend so so much! The weather was so good and we spent a lot of time outdoors soaking up the sun. Someone explained that 65 degrees here in UT is like 75 degrees in CA because it's so dry here... I kind of agree, but there is just a serious lack of palm trees here!!!! I want the palm trees! Anyway, on Friday we met up with some friends, Neibed and his family, up the canyon and took a walk to Bridal Veil Falls.

These two are becoming fast friends these days...

This girl was all smiles... as long as I paid her all my attention... :)
 While the wife and I tended to our young babes, the boys hiked up closer to the falls. 

 Of course Zach came back with a gash on his hand. From slipping on the rocks. Trying to get down the mountain faster. Did I expect anything less? Other than that, it was a great day!! 

On Sunday we went to Grandpa Cal & Grandma Judy's house in Springville for dinner with the cousins! It was so yummy, Grandma Judy made all kinds of food including ham, mac n cheese, baked potatoes, salad, jello, desserts and more! I had to get 2 plates, there just wasn't enough room... 
 Georgia was pretty happy around all the family. I wasn't sure how she would react with so many people and kids running around, but I think she was just taking it all in with wide eyes.
 Georgia & Uncle Cal
I love love love her ruffly Easter dress! I actually gave this dress to my big sister Kelly when she was pregnant with her little girl, Finley! And it made for Georgia's perfect Easter dress :) so fun.
It was actually too hot to be inside so we all headed out in front of the house to cool off and watch the kids have an Easter egg hunt. Georgia was too busy... staring at her hands.
 We couldn't get a picture with G smiling... she's such a baby. 
 Everyone was so surprised at her fair skin, orange hair (and eyebrows) and blue eyes!
Even though I missed my Blicks, this was a great Easter with fun family and amazing weather!
After dinner, Zach wasn't ready to call it quits so we went on a ride with Uncle Cal through the canyon in Springville trying to find deer and ooing & awing over the incredible mansions out there. Seriously some of the biggest homes I've ever seen. And so secluded!! We ended up seeing at least 50 deer that night! Uncle Cal said it was the most deer he'd ever seen on a drive up the canyon. Here's a crappy picture... it was too dark to take any good ones.
Of course Uncle Cal sped up to drive them off the road, rolled down the windows to yell and one of the deer freaked out and skid across the street.... and the boys died laughing. Zach also ran off into a field of deer trying to "catch one". Again, I do not expect anything less.

 A great end to our Easter weekend!! 

1 comment: