Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, August 26, 2013

Around Our House

Things are starting to come together here at the house... we still have lots of projects in progress all the time, but little by little, it's happening! So exciting. We hung our first wall decor (finally) and I love it! Makes this corner so cozy.
New mirror up in our front room:
 I begged Zach to let me get this yellow mirror and white bench for our bedroom from Gardner Village (thank you Matt for breaking my full length mirror in the move... it called for a serious upgrade!) they have the cutest stuff there! And luckily, that mirror was on major sale, so I felt better about the splurge. I love furniture shopping in Utah, I find the neatest stuff here :)
 Talk about upgrading... Zach bought me a new SUV!! I am a lucky girl! With a nice new shiny speeding ticket to match!!! :( daaaaah!!! This thing is so stealth, I was speeding all over the place and didn't even realize it. It was the FIRST DAY PEOPLE. New car FAIL.
 I mean, I was driving tolerating this before:
I felt like I was lugging my life's baggage around with that thing, it drove so slow! Painful and swelteringly hot as that minivan was, it was loyal and convenient for our moves... it was the sweet ride Zach was sporting when I met him (that's right, I fell for a guy with a minivan. who then made me drive it.) it has seen many miles, held lots of crap, overheated much, and housed gobs of cob webs... but it is time to move on. We will let someone else bury this minivan! It has treated Zach well and we are grateful for it.
Back to my new ride:
A 2008 Toyota Highlander! Wooohoooooo! Thanks to my husband who spoils me and then overlooks ticket mistake #1 AND mistake #2 - paying it off before signing up for traffic school. I have received the majority of my tickets and accidents here in Utah... which tells me that Utah needs more traffic and better drivers. ;) some bumper to bumper freeway fun would solve all my speeding problems! 

 Georgia's room is almost complete. We painted the room aqua, built this ladder thanks to my crafty sister Kelly (crafty but lame. this was her idea but her unfinished ladder is a pile of wood waiting to be built by itself... get on it sister!)
 G loves her new room! We finally put some toys in there and she loves hanging out in her space.
My sister also gave me this sweet canvas print for my baby shower - matches the pink hook I found in Savannah so perfectly! And what it says is absolutely 100% truth. 
Little trinkets picked up here and there: 
Also around our house lately - gourmet eats!! Ever since the Alaskan cruise, I have been on a good food kick! This pasta was so delicious, I asked the head waiter for his recipe and then watched him make it! 
 And this rosemary bread from Costco.... to die for.
I also fell in love with the greek salad on the cruise. peppers, onion, cucumber, and avocado with block feta cheese and greek salad dressing. So good. 
I have been obsessed with pasta, namely pasta carbonara, which is not good for my love handles, but soooo good for my taste buds, mood, so ultimately my health right?? haha oh well... I'll learn to diet someday. Just not today. Or tomorrow. Or anytime in the near future.
More to come on the house! Zach is making me a baby gate door and finishing Georgia's room. I love this stage of building our home together. It is great fun. Except that I turn crabby and mean and accuse everyone else of doing it "the wrong way" (and by everyone, I mean Zach)... the perfectionist in me is MEAN guys. I'm working on it. Sorry Zach. I love you. You're the best.


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so cute! Excited to see the door/gate! Thanks for the fun afternoon! Oh, and Costco's rosemary bread is the BEST!!! We love it with balsamic vinegar and oil.

    ReplyDelete