Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Juneau, AK

Next stop on the cruise was Juneau! The beauty continued:
We first went to a lookout spot for bears and saw a couple but they were hanging up in a tree so it was hard to see them... next we went to a beautiful lookout spot where you could see a humongous glacier and a waterfall right next to it. It was amazing.


It was only a 2 mile walk round trip to the waterfall but Zach never wants to be left behind so on we went! His poor ankle was swollen and sore every night but he wouldn't take it easy!
The glacier and the waterfall side by side:
The mist from the waterfall felt so nice! It was 75 degrees and hot again! I kept wearing shoes because I was afraid it would turn chilly but I just realized half way through the trip, I am a sandals kinda girl, walking or hiking, I'd rather be in sandals! I blame my unusual finger toes.
Then Georgia and I had a little kissy-kissy face-eating time in front of the waterfall :)

 I must be yummy :)
Georgia & Nana:
Frank & his last 3 sons:
Zach was pretty worn out after this hike with his bad ankle, so he cooled it off in the waterfall. It was pretty cold water! There is the glacier right behind him :) 
We didn't have enough time there... but had to head back to catch the bus. If I'd had shorts on, I could hung out there all day with my feet in the water! 

By the end of the day, we were grateful that Jared was around :)
 Before heading back to the boat, we hung around and grabbed some good overpriced crab at an authentic Alaskan crab shack! And then checked out the menu on the ship to discover that they were also serving crab that night haha. Good thing I'm really not a fan of crab anyway!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment