Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, August 19, 2013

Skagway, AK

Next was Skagway! And sadly, our last stop in Alaska. A beautiful harbor and a cool morning. But I only wore that sweatshirt for about an hour... after that, I was sweating again! 
 I love this girl so much! This is the only time she's gotten to wear these adorable boots that I got at my baby shower.. she'll grow out of them by winter! I never ever put shoes on her, so she was kicking her feet and grabbing at them the whole time. 

 We took a short walk into town and saw the CUTEST old teal building... I wanted to live there!
 All the building were really colorful and cute. I seriously love Alaska.
Then we went on a short hike to a lake nearby.
Papa Frank made it to this bridge, and then had to call it quits. It was actually pretty steep most of the way! He was the smart one ;)
Thankfully, Zach's brother's offered to carry G on the hike! Because I was worn out pretty quick... I am SO out of shape!
 The beautiful lake: 

  
  

Next we booked a tour of the rest of Skagway with an AWESOME guide (and not just because he looked AND sounded exactly like Sean Astin - the weird brother on 50 First Dates, lisp and all!! He said people told him that every day in the summer!! Hilarious. I could not stop staring.) in the middle of driving through beautiful scenery, he slammed on the breaks and backed up to let us look at this little black bear right by the side of the road!  
You can see how close our van was:
 Then he just decided to cross the street and wander off! So random and cool.
The group:
 We got to drive alongside tons of river water and lakes that were all different colors because of the sediment in the water. It was so beautiful!
This waterfall going down the side of the mountain range was the longest one I'd ever seen! So amazing.
 We had a Lion King moment...ahhhh the circle of life :)
Stopping off at another amazing spot:

Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to!
And then this guy desecrated it.
 Just kidding. He was very adamant that the tour guide take us to a spot where he could swim. And then he ended up being the only one. No swim suit (not that he ever cares). 
So....strong...... haha ;)
 The boys spent most of the time skipping rocks on the water - they were really good at it! Especially Jared.
 Papa Frank & the best I could get out of G... she was very cranky on this tour and didn't care for all the in and out scenery spots that interrupted her car naps.
 Of course, it wouldn't be vacation without a shot of this guy's bum crack ;)
And then there was a lot of funny business :)

 Sheree took these pictures and caught them SO perfectly! Cracks me up.

She loves the water on her toesies!

We were pressed for time again, but I could have stayed here all day!!! It was amazing.
Thanks for the best time ever, Alaska! You will be missed.


2 comments:

  1. Looks SO beautiful!!! Can't wait to go with our family some day :)
    p.s. that pic of your feet kind of looks like you peed on the ground a little bit hahaha

    ReplyDelete