Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, July 11, 2014

A Wedding Weekend

Miss Kaley Rae found the boy for her! I'm so dang happy for her, she's the sweetest. 
Even though I was only 4 weeks post baby and still off my rocker, as soon as Zach got home from out of town and golfing, I dragged my big booty to her bridal shower. And I was the only one to get her a gift from Vicky's Secret closet hahaha but at least I kept it classy with a lacy cover up. 
The next week started off with the rehearsal dinner with all the close family. We had a blast seeing all Zach's cousins and close relatives! And if you know Kaley and her goofball dad, Cal, you know we had many laughs. And tears... they are quite the sentimental bunch too. And then there was Grandpa Cal yelling out "BOOHOO!" in the background as the tears are rolling down hahaha we love him to death. Even Zach got up to say a few words for one of his most favored cousins, and surprised everyone with a few tears. maybe the 3rd time I've ever seen that?! And who knows if it was true sentiment or just getting caught up in the moment like bearing your testimony hahaha oh Zach, you always leave me guessing. And laughing. He told our favorite Kaley story of all time: when Zach and I were dating, he was hanging out with Kaley & best friend Shaun Hoke one night and they told her a very detailed exciting story of how Zach and I broke up because I kissed Shaun and then they acted out a fight scene. And gullible Kaley believed every word of it! She is notorious for being gullible but we have concluded it's because she is without guile and chooses to see the best in everyone, therefore somewhat undetecting of lies and finds most everything quite believable. We love her! Then Zach congratulated Kyle on getting a winner - "You're in for a fun ride... she's like me, we say whatever we want when we want, except she's worse!"
 -________- yes, Zach, you are such a hoot. A hoot without a filter. Which surprisingly somehow allows him to get with just about anything. Like talking back to your supervisor, talking money, asking what people's take home is, asking a pregnant woman how much weight she's gained, etc....it's a fun ride :) and really he just says what everyone is dying to say but doesn't have the nerve to say it! Sometimes it works against me, and sometimes it works for me :)
Anyway, while we were having a lovely evening pretending to only have one child, my mom friend was super sweet to watch Georgia for me. Her little girl about the same age plays so well with Georgia and she always sends me the BEST pictures!!
Exhibit A:
It looks like my child murdered someone!! I posted the picture on instagram and it was quite popular! Haha didn't expect that. People had the best captions, among my favorites: 
"She ate the neighbor kid!"
"Zombie baby! Brains!"
"Walking dead much?!"
"Zombie apocalypse baby!"
"Hello Clarice. Silence of the lambs..." (A movie I haven't seen but I still sounds creepy)
I almost wanted to repost the picture and ask people to caption it because they are way funnier to read! 
Ps. her baby friend is still alive: (just moments before the fatal crime ;)
These girls are two peas in a pod!
And Bailey is always so fun to play with them and give them treats. She's not like a regular mom, she's a cool mom :) 
Axe murderer in the making? :
These pictures are too funny. 
The crime scene:
All down the front steps and driveway! 

She was even bathed and ready for bed when we picked her up! Talk about a dreamy afternoon!
Char Char & Georgia playing peekaboo/scream-bloody-murder (continuing the theme of the night) hahaha

The next morning I stuffed her full of more treats so she would cuddle with me:
She loves a good seat with the ipad:
And this boy was a dream:
Looking so alert...
And then it was time to get ready for big day!! 
Me & the beautiful bride:
I am so lucky and relieved she chose to get married in the Draper temple, just 4 minutes from my house! I wish I had taken more pictures of the beautiful couple, their ring ceremony, and the quaintest, prettiest reception, but I was too busy forking my children out and dancing my booty off!!! Georgie was a handful, just wanting her Nana, until the dancing started and then she was let loose! Kelsey's sweet girls just wanted to love on her alllll night, it was the cutest thing. They are the sweetest girls.
Georgia kept picking up random drinks and strangers sunnies:
And dancing all night long :)

I'm sad I didn't even get a picture of us all together as a family since it was one of the first outings we had as a family of four. And I squeezed into a little black dress. Darn! Haha. Too busy dancing till midnight... ok it was 10:00 but still. I was so exhausted at the end! But I had so much fun! It has been a few years since I've attended a wedding and a beautiful wedding it was. It made me miss my family too since they love a good wedding and dancing and Jake would have been front and center on that dance floor with his slick moves. Him and Brandon would have been battling it out for best moves! :) family and weddings are always so much fun and over too soon.
Good thing they had a BBQ up the Springville canyon the next day and invited everyone to come play! We had SO much fun! Aside from dodging Georgia's Dr. Pepper induced fits (thank heavens for random Grandmas that are too sweet to decline so I can shamelessly stick my head in the clouds and pretend I don't see) and gagging on ice cubes mixed with a handful of mud, the day was laxidasical! I sat in the shade and talked with family and cuddled my boy while Zach played a round of family volleyball and then entertained all the children, including pushing them all on the swings and one nephew out of his swing and "making his own wind" running incredibly fast to get a kite in the air while keeping his pants up with one hand. Great entertainment. His cousin even mentioned how she'd never seen this side of Zach and loved seeing him in this role with all the kids. Zach's a daddy now and a darn good one too. Well he's fun anyway. ;) haha just kidding, he's the best.
Later that night, we ordered in some Cafe Rio and then left the babies with the real adults and got to act like teenagers! We went off roading in Uncle Cal's new Polaris Ranger.
 Shameless selfies:
Beautiful weather 
Way too much fun. 
And waaaaay too much dirt! Oh my gosh my feet were CAKED in dirt at the end! We went driving around a little dirt bike course with jumps and were flying through clouds of dirt trying not to think about dying (it was Brandon's first time even driving it and he is crazy!). We drove around town and watched the sun sink behind the houses, talked and laughed, and then headed back to clean up and put our babes to bed. We never get enough time with the Sistrunks!!! Thank goodness they have one more sibling to marry off soon... the partying is over yet. 


2 comments:

  1. Okay. HILARIOUS. SO glad your friend is as weird as we are and takes as many pics of creepy fantastic baby escapades as we would!!! And way, way, way too much fun going on here for a mom of a 4 wk old. How in the h do you get so skinny after having babies. you are the girl everyone wants to hate but can't bc you are too pretty. Nof air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ps. THANK YOU for finally changing your font!!!

    ReplyDelete