Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 14, 2014

Birthday Specials

Lately, I've really hated all things breakfast... I hate making it, eating it, cleaning up after it. Such a pain! So on my birthday, I wanted a huge heaping pile of PANCAKES that I didn't have to make myself!! None other than Kneaders to the rescue. I LOVE their pancakes. Even though they are infamous for their massive all you can eat French toast, I always get their all you can eat sourdough pancakes and they are to die for. It's the syrup, they have this wonderfully amazing butterscotchy syrup, it's so divine I practically drink it. So I called up my mom friends (that phrase always makes me smile...) and we had a little birthday breakfast celebration where they tried to kill me with carbs by buying me every pastry Kneaders ever made. Also, I have ANOTHER birthday twin!!! Whaaaaat. That girl right there in the middle with me shares my exact same birthday! 
 Just too fun since she's basically my (evil) twin :) haha just kidding. We are so similar though and even chose two VERY similar men as husbands! We always laugh about how they are exactly the same in every way and we are basically married to the same guy. Which means we get along great on double dates!! We love to get out and do stuff with them. 
Anyway, back to my birthday... that is the second close friend of mine that has shared my exact same birthday, same year and all! Such a weird coincidence... June 11th is just a popular date to have a baby :)
After breakfast I wanted to go to the mall. I had a coupon for one of my favorite boutiques for 40% off only on that day, so really, it was just meant to be. I took Georgia on the merry go round... and yes we are all in our jammies...
Looking extremely excited:
 There's the fun:

  
She loved it. It's fun to take her on that every once in awhile, even though it costs flipping two dollars...Shouldn't carousel rides be like 25 cents? $1 at most? After the carousel ride, I picked out a pretty skirt, used my coupon, and headed home for nap time.
That afternoon, Zach got off a little early so we went swimming at The Bay!
 Looking fabulous in her baby sunnies:
 My birthday fell on a Wednesday and kids eat free on Wednesdays, so we scored a slice of pizza and a drink, and when I asked if they have any specials for birthdays, they gave me a massive sized ice cream cone!! Which ended up becoming the property of Miss G:
 Daddy really got the lick-n-swipe move down with her. But eventually she just took over.
 I love these pictures of her and I especially love the ice cream all over her hate, her swimsuit, and her!

 Washing it off:
 It was such a nice day for a short swim. Not too crowded at all and great weather.
After swimming, we headed to Cheesecake for dinner! We ALWAYS get pasta and the dishes are huge so I thought I'd get a salad to share if Zach would share his pasta with me. Then I was sitting there watching other people eat and I thought to myself "It's my birthday, what am I doing ordering a SALAD on my birthday?!?!" So I grabbed the waitress and changed my order to a massive mouthwatering cheeseburger:
Much better!! It was delicious!! Aside from the fact that I practically ate my birthday dinner alone, it was great! Georgia was way too cranky to be contained so Zach ate his pasta and then took Georgia outside to run free while I stuff this burger down my throat with pleasure. It was SO good. 
Going out to eat with kids is really something these days... it's almost a guarantee that we will leave the restaurant with a wake of food trailing after us on the way out. Kids are SO messy!!! It's almost embarrassing until I just push the thought right out my ears and walk away with my head in the clouds hehe. I just pretend not to notice to keep my sanity. 
G is like a tornado whirling through and leaving destruction in her path, but here's our little Boston Byoo, quiet as a mouse (for now):
 After baths and bedtime, I headed back out with my ladies of the night for some more play time and frozen yogurt.
Then I stayed out WAY to late laughing and talking and paid for it in the morning with a post-birthday hangover. Can't a girl just stay out way too late on her birthday?!?!?! Yes. But a momma with a 5 week old must pay dearly. I was so tired the next day! Can't believe I am 26 with two kids, a home, wonderful friends, and a great life! I have waited all my life for this stuff and while it's so so hard sometimes, it brings me the greatest joy I've ever known. So excited for the next few years (30 not so much. You stay far far away.)
Happy birthday to me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment