Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summertime Is Coming!

Finally, post virus days and after many hours of disinfecting and massive loads of laundry, we were back on our feet!! Which meant, FINALLY, more play dates (which are really just mom therapy dates where we lock our children away with toys, eat treats, and laugh about our husbands' silly habits :) and more front seat rides down the street! 
This guy seems to be filling out and at the same time, thinning out in the hair department. His rolls just look like little muscles to me :)
He's still a pretty serious little guy. No smiles just yet!
We finally purchased our "Christmas present" (only 5 months later) persuaded by a hot deal at Costco. Enter, the Traeger Smoker:
Zach had been eyeing this beauty for weeks. I would have settled for a regular grill, but he is more recently obsessed with BBQ and wanted to "make it his hobby" in his own words. He said he knew he had to get it when he couldn't stop thinking about it for a whole week and couldn't stop researching it. I was a little hesitant, but he doesn't want for much, so I told him to get it! 
I haven't lifted a finger to cook SINCE. No. Joke. Not one meal. 
BBQ food all day every day! Just cut up some watermelon and dish out some Costco potato salad (To my own shock/horror/delight I'm obsessed with potato salad, something I hated for years, but ONLY the Costco brand.. which just so happens to be a half gallon... and packed with calories. Yikes.) and that's our daily meal! It's delightful. Quick and easy and the chicken just melts in your mouth it's so juicy! So far we've just made basic things like sausages, burgers, chicken, trip tip... We've been too on-the-go to try a big pork shoulder or anything fancy. But we love it!! 

We had some Sunday time with Aunt Krissy & Uncle Matt (we'll just leave this picture in size small) We don't get to see them enough!! 
And FINALLY, little guy gave me a full 8 hours of snoozing in one night!!!! Hooray!!
I finally decided at 4 weeks it was time to put his cradle in his own room. This meant more work for me having to go back and forth in the middle of the night to get him and feed him, but it wasn't worth it to keep him next to me and wake up at every little noise or stir he'd make throughout the night. So I set up the monitor and went to bed only to awaken at 6:15am on my own, not by a crying baby, to wonder what the heck was going on and was he even alive?! He snoozed all the way to 8:00 and I was entirely too excited to go back to bed so I got enjoy my morning with Zach and Georgia! I think my sister wanted to strangle me out of jealousy. I have always had good sleeper babies, and I'm sooo thankful because I cannot survive on minimal sleep. I just have to have 8 hours or I'm dying of fatigue and look like a hot mess 24/7. I don't know how my sister does it with 3 kids and a part time job and looking fabulous all the time. (Does that make you feel better Kell? hahaha)
I love this sweet boy:
With a good night's rest, I was up and ready to play at The Bay (water park) with my friends! No, that is not a life vest on me, it's a baby.
One of my friends lent me her baby wrap so I can have Boston on me and take care of Georgia. He loves it and snoozes all day long, nevermind that it gives me claustrophobia and is way too toasty warm for me. 

 It is funny to see the looks on peoples faces while I run around with my two babies and interesting just how many moms stop to ask me just how close together I had them or reach out to me because they have done what I've done and know how it feels. Funny how kids just bring strangers together and create a sense of commonality where none might exist otherwise. I have seen so many people go out of there way to make me feel good or give me encouragement and a few who just comment and keep on walking. Ok it was once. One man (obviously). I was trying to leave the mall with my massive double stroller and he waltz's in the glass doors, exclaims "well you have your hands full!" and keeps on walking while the doors shut in my face. Thanks. I guess I'll walk a mile to the handicap button even though it's 107 degrees outside, I'm sweating buckets, and you're already opening the handicap door for yourSELF but that's ok. I got it. 
End of rant :) Moving on.
Georgia bean is always entertaining. 
As always, she is obsessed with the great outdoors and loves to run down the teeny tiny "hills" on the side of our house. She makes that face and acts surprised every time she hears the birds chirp or children playing on the street or any little noise really. I love it.
We had so much fun at our friend, Jaxx's birthday party at the Draper park. They had ice cream and Squeeze It's (I absolutely loved those drinks growing up and can't believe they still have them, haven't seen them in years! It brought fond memories back to me :) and popper firecrackers and toys galore and even a pinata. Zach took Georgie riding on a friend's bike and she LOVED it.
 Pure joy on her face right there:
Daddy's are awesome for doing all the fun things just to get a smile on their kiddo's face.
More time at The Bay with this cutesie patootsie:
 Again that song comes to mind as she walks out of the water, "Who's that lady, sexy lAAaadyyyyyy" :)
  She cracks me up! Those were just random goggles she found and stole for the day.
 Georgie's baby friends, Char Char & Lex:
So far, she's only pooped at the pool twice. DISGUSTING. I have come to realize just how often it must happen and just how many human excess particles must be floating around in that murky blue water. And how many viruses must be brewing... as I watched my mom friend with Hand Foot & Mouth disease go swimming in the deep end while infected. I was having a mini heart attack and just hoping the chlorine kills all?? Yay? Nay? I have to stop thinking about it... It's summer!!! Throw caution to the wind!!! Sunshine does my soul so much good. I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment