Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, May 9, 2014

Crafting & Building 101 - Beg & Then Praise

These last couple weeks before baby comes, I have been busy busy crafting away. I made these little silky blankies for me and my sister: (I couldn't get those cute little piggies out of the dang picture)
It doesn't compare to my sister's work, but I am not willing to go through so much pain for a dang silky blanket! I cheated and sewed it an easier/uglier way. But made with love!! Just not blood. 
After all the sewing was done, I packed my sewing supplies into a nearby closet... after this boy comes, I have a feeling I won't have any spare time to sew for awhile :(
I ventured to cook some steaks restaurant style (according to Pinterest) 
And even whipped up some dessert! 
Ok so this was mostly store bought (who has time to make Angel Food cake when it's ready and available at any grocery store??) but I did cut the strawberries and puree some with sugar for a strawberry sauce!

I decided I didn't want all our frames and decor sitting in our basement unused anymore. So I pulled out my handy dandy spray paint! I love when I have everything on hand! I bought this shelf at my first Swiss Days when Zach and I were first married!! 
So I gave it a little make over :) I painted it mint and pulled out the pegs and replaced them with hobby lobby knobs. I finally got to display my wedding picture that's been sitting in a box all these years! I love the way it turned out, it brightens up my home is such a fun way.
Then it was time to get to work on the baby room. Zach put it off as long as I let him, but he finally gave in to me and started this plank wall project that I'd also seen on Pinterest. The Pinterest version:
Zach was super cool and pretty much headed it all on his own, making most of the decisions. Which isn't really like him since he doesn't really care much about design. And by super cool, I mean working in his man robe:
That robe has so many uses! Who knew it would be such a treasure when I bought it...
Ok SOMETIMES he looks normal when he's working:
We bought the wood at Home Depot and began painting. Even though I said about 4 times that he should probably sand the wood first. But Zach loves to back track, so we painted 8 boards and then he got to sanding them all :)
We spent a few late nights painting in the garage together and it was fun! I wish I had someone to craft with me all day long!!!! But it was about all he could handle before he needed his "Zach time" :
Zach needs a very balanced schedule of work and rest time. Can you believe he's under all those blankets haha!
He is so funny, he kept asking me as we were going along if I liked it, am I SURE I like it?? What if he puts it all up and I don't like it??
But he did SUCH a good job!!! (Maybe it's the magic of the yellow shorts)
I absolutely love the way it turned out.
He did such a good job! And guess what?? Praise will get you farther in life! He actually said after all was said and done "What's next?! What else can I build you!" haha. 
My work wasn't quite done.  I saw this print on Pinterest that was was $20 to order and the lazy 39 weeks in me asked if I could just buy it pleeeeeease.
But Zach pushed me to be my crafty self, so I got to the computer and came up with this:
Not too shabby for FREE 99!! Then I silently begged baby boy to please make his appearance soon as my body was tired and aching from carrying him so long.
Oh ps. this is my new favorite and amazing snack:
If you get a chance, try it, or be like me and stock up on 4 or 5 because they were GONE within days :( and now I'm sad. It says "all natural" and "probiotic" but don't be fooled... it is for fatties :) 




`









No comments:

Post a Comment