Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Last Days

What has saved my sanity in the last days before baby #2 comes:
A princess chair and the TV. Don't judge me. I promise to make up for it when I'm able. For now, I gotta do what I gotta do to get by! 
I try to fill the time with any activity I can think of instead of counting the minutes as they drag by... so today it was baking sugar cookies.
This princess was hovering around my legs for half the time, but as soon as I appeased her with a spatula covered in cookie dough, I was able to finish. And clean up the drool all over the floor :)
She was NOT my friend when I took that spatula away, but we made up when I handed her a cookie all to herself :) and this was before lunch.....oops. Get ready for a bunch of pictures of the same thing... and GO:
Shoveling it in:
Goofy/special smile:
"WHAT?!" face: 
You want some?
I have to share?
Then nevermind. All mine.
I was so excited to put her cute little apron on and stuff her full of cookies! I found the apron at H&M online of all places for $5! Score.
Georgia loves to be a big girl. She's over her sippy straw cups and when she sees big cups, she wants them all to herself. So I make her healthy smoothies and give them to her in this cup with a lid.
Happy crazy haired camper!
We checked out the new RC Willey furniture store that opened up across the freeway from us. It was actually really nice inside! Like the Ikea next store, it has a cafe upstairs and is like a little shopping central area, very nice and snazzy inside. We were looking for a dresser for Georgia's room, but just ended up playing on furniture and dreaming of a new bed.
I love her.
I spend lots of time being a human pillow:
Look at that belly! It hurts to be laid all over, but I love her cuddles so I do it anyway.
We had dinner at Sheree & Jared's one night and turned around to catch G chillin with her legs crossed. 
Happy girl :)
Well not always...Georgia's angry face hahahaha:
This is when she ran to the back door thinking we could play outside and got super upset when I didn't open it for her. Until she realized I was headed down the stairs to the car. Hahaha she looks so funny. 
We were headed to a play date at our friends house:
I am dying for summer to be here... Utah it just playing with us! Sunshine & rain off and on for weeks. It is funny to watch her at play dates these days... she alternates between not paying much attention to the kids around her and being super sensitive when they take toys or poke her. Just depends on her mood. Lately she's been needy at play dates and wants me or other moms to play with her. Stinker! Just play with the dang toys! But she's also been adorable. She loves my mom friends. Always finds Bailey, at playdates, church, etc.. and climbs right into her lap and gives her hugs and kisses. And pushing Bai's own baby out of the way hahaha. I love my play date time! Helps the hours go by a little faster.
Then there's more human pillow time:
Until daddy comes home and decides to stick her outside naked in the mini pool in the freezing cold...
He mixed buckets of hot water in but man was it breezy. Bum shot:
Daddy's always the fun one.
She had goosies all over!
And surprise surprise, she came down with a little cold the next day. More baby bum:
That didn't stop us from exploring though. The weather was fairly nice this week and I wanted to get this baby out, so after breakfast, we dressed up in warm/slightly homeless clothes and walked to my friend's house about a mile or so away. Holding hands down the hill:
She stayed on the path the whole time and followed after me just a few steps behind. She walked almost the whole way! 
I spent that day with my mom friends, getting Waffle Luv and hanging out until my weekly OB appointment. I left G with my friend and went to see what was up with this baby. I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced! Which basically meant that he was ready to come but could hang out for who knows how long. Still I was excited. That whole day I was hoping this baby would come since it was May 1st and my daddy's birthday, but alas, he wasn't ready yet :( that's ok... he can have his own birthday I guess! 
The next day was SO hot! I actually had to pull out the sunscreen for my little porcelain China doll! 
She had fun playing while I was sweating on the sidelines...
Then I got tired of battling the wasps with a dish towel in the back yard
So we packed up and took a big girl ride in the front seat to Heidi's house. Insert shocked emoticon face. Don't judge me! It's not far and she loved it! 
Despite what she says in the video :) haha her favorite response is no these days!
Pullin out the shades:
She actually kept them on for a long time! But I didn't want them to get lost so I finally put them away. Heidi's house is basically like Disneyland away from home... they have every toy ever made in their front yard and all the kids just come to play and eat otter pops in the cul de sac! I love it, I wish my house was that fun! But she has 3 kids worth of toys she's stocked up on. That just takes time :)
We played in the sprinklers. Yes we. I had to hold her hand and run her through a few times. 
 Then she followed her little buddy through.
And this happened hahahahaha:
So funny. That was a fun day but oh my gosh it was hot! I was so exhausted by the time we went home and got ready to go out for dinner with our friends at Texas Roadhouse. We were meeting up with the Grubers for a fun steak dinner and some park time after. The perfect end to our week... before things got crazyyyyyyy :) stay tuned! 

Some fun things about Georgie girl these days: 
  • She loves to hang you things and then take them back. Anything. Including food. She loves to give you bites of her food and sips of her drink. 
  • She learned to climb up on the couch and thinks it's hilarious to face plant over and over into the pillows. She also loves to walk along the couch and close all the blinds one by one.
  • She loves to walk up to complete strangers and other kids who look like they are playing nicely and put her hands up and ask them lots and lots of alien questions while leaning forward very animatedly. 
  • She is STINKER and it's almost impossible to feed her unless there is a movie directly in front of her face. Then she's a zombie and will eat anything haha. 
  • She's super silly and loves to step on anything and everything so it will stick to the bottoms of her feet and then walk with them and she just walks around cracking herself up. This includes small tupperware, tupperware lids, my measuring cups, her plastic toys, paper, trash, plastic bags, cups, anything that will stick to her feet or that she can put her feet into! Lovely little weirdo.
  • She started watching this show called Bo On The Go! And she will copy the things they do in it, like make circles with a pointed finger in the air, reach up high with her arms and jump, dance... she loves that show! 
  • She still gets hiccups every time she laughs too hard, sometimes I think she might puke. Still never a need for a haircut. 
  • Every time I sit down on the couch, she has to come over and step ON my feet. All over my feet. Always on my feet as she's watching shows or eating snacks. I try to push her off or move my feet and she always finds them! I don't know why but she loves to be stepping on me. It can be quite annoying but endearing. 
  • She is learning to point to her eyes and nose and always gives us high fives. 
  • She is starting to reach so much more! Stuff on the countertops... that tall little girl! I have to be sure to put stuff away if I don't want her getting into it. She will follow me around wherever I go, from room to room and get into whatever I'm trying to put away or clean up. 
  • If she wants something, she will point at it and give you a series of high pitched quick grunts. If she could, she would be saying "more? more? more?" It's not annoying at all... it's mostly when we have ice cream though :) 
  • Her dancing is hilarious. She is looking more and special when she dances... leaning from side to side and bending her knees. And always the eyebrows! She makes the funniest facial expressions when she dances. Cracks us up. 
  • If she could, she'd spend all day everyday outside exploring or in the water... please hurry up and get here summer! 







No comments:

Post a Comment