Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, May 5, 2014

General Conference Weekend

I love General Conference!! We get to listen to the prophets of our church guide and direct us and give us much needed strength, hope, and the word of God! And I also don't have to put on make up or a dress on Sunday which is such a bonus for a very pregnant woman. Twice a year we get to stay home and watch the broadcasts on TV and it's always so cozy, full of yummy food, and lots of relaxing and cuddling. 
I pulled out these adorable jammies that G got for her birthday - so perfect for this weekend. Look at that bum!! Love it. She is getting so big...
By Sunday, we always get a little stir crazy being at home for so long and on the couch, so after Conference was over, we drove up the canyon in search of SNOW! It was a crappy weather week so we decided to find some pretty snow if we couldn't find sunshine. We had to drive pretty far... it didn't snow much this winter! Sending my sister a Sunday Selfie:
And we made it:
 Instant happiness:
Seriously, this is like the 3rd time we've pulled out these snow clothes. What a waste of money but I love this marshmellow!
 We made snowballs.
And helped Daddy build a snowman.
With no face...
 Destroyed said snowman.
Used a blanket as a make shift sled.
 That worked like a charm!
 Made snow angels.
Got tossed onto the snowy hillside for fun.
And then it was time to go! 
It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend full of so much inspiration and edification.
We came home to a roast in the oven. What could be better? Skyping with my family abroad! My mom and dad and siblings got together and talked about the words spoken in General Conference. I love that my family always pushes me to be better, apply the gospel to my life, and work hard! Love them so much. I have to keep up with them all... they are all the best siblings/parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment