Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, March 22, 2013

Baby Fever

Sadly, I am not in the market for a 2nd baby... little G actually had a fever on Wednesday :( poor babe felt so hot and sweaty to the touch. And with Zach out of town for work, thankfully, soon to be nursing grad & best friend Nikki:


was paying her weekly visit at my place (so sad those will be ending in a month...) and advised me to call my doctor's office. Who told me I had to bring her in to be checked because she's so young, and then sent me off to the hospital (after poking and prodding baby until she was beside herself and choking on her own tears :( broke my heart) to be monitored for at least 24 hours. 


Just a side note: even with a mild fever and after the poking and prodding meltdown, this baby was so sweet and happy and didn't even seem to notice or care about her IV which was taped to her arm so thoroughly, it looked like she had a splint on.



I thought I would be up all night with her, but she slept till 7:15! As did Caitlin, who also spent the night in the hospital with us on the lounge chair. That girl can sleep anywhere! As long as she has her pillow pet :)


 A little pick-me-up from Nikki... 


Finally Zach flew in and came straight over to check in on his girl. And make sure her self esteem was up to par - "Who out there is prettier than you? Who? No one! No one is prettier than you..." love them.


Finally made it home at 9pm last night. So glad we didn't have to stay for 48 hours! As soon as we got home, we got ready for bed and I gave the babe a much needed bath to wash away that lingering hospital smell... 
Love this picture of her, lookin like a figher (really she is just obsessed with staring at her hands, all day errrryday).


No comments:

Post a Comment