Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, March 15, 2013

Sweet Privacy

The first couple of weeks post Georgia were busy busy busy with lots of family in town. NaNa and PaPa were finally able to come to Utah on the 26th after Christmas and in the meantime, we kept them stocked with lots of pictures every day so they wouldn't miss a beat.



They were so bummed they missed the birth but they came as fast as they could! My mom waited a couple of weeks until the Wingers were gone so that she could continue to help us when we needed it. 
The morning after the Wingers got here, I asked Cathy to help me give G her first bath... I was super nervous to do it myself, she just seemed so fragile at the time. Sponge bathing a baby until their belly button dries and falls off is NOT fun. She screamed the whole time. And my heart was breaking. But as soon as we wrapped her up in her favorite white leopard towel from Aunt Chandice & Uncle Cameron, she was happy as could be all snuggled up warm again! 


 Too bad I didn't give myself a little TLC as well... looks like I could've really used a bath too! Did I run out of dry shampoo????
Over the next few days, the Wingers and Hokes made their way to Utah and pretty soon, we were all crammed in together with kids running around and screaming non-stop. I almost lost my marbles a couple of nights from the lack of sleep/energy/sanity until I remember THE GOOD STUFF. So I readied a bottle of Momma's Milk in the fridge, told Zach to play Mommy for a night, and downed a sleeping pill to get some good uninterrupted zzZZzzZZzzZZzz. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to do it all over again! Thank goodness for Zach and his amazingly understanding boss who let him have a whole week off of work.

Hanging with this snuggle bunny all day errrday while it dumped snow outside was the absolute best
Everyone else??? Well if you love free spirited living and giving yourself completely to others... sure! The variety of family members knocking down my door to ask me questions, check in with me, and just plain HANG OUT while I was breastfeeding, taking showers, etc... was overwhelming! Mothers/sisters/cousins in law!! Maybe I am overreacting...? I still ask my Older Sissy for advice on the proper public baby care etiquette rules... For example: Is it ok to breastfeed your baby (fully covered of COURSE) on the couch when your husband and Father in law are watching the same show on tv? Or must I be confined to the basement downstairs all alone for the next 45 minutes? No idea. Didn't want to chance it, so I dejectedly slunk away downstairs. Is it ok to feed the babe when she's screaming her head off and you are right in the middle of a good convo with the Father in law that doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon?? Rude to walk away or rude to stay and feed?? Why do both these examples include my Father in law? Awkward.
Again, thank goodness for clinical strength DEO because I still find myself in a sweaty freaking panic on a daily basis trying to decide what is/isn't acceptable to the general public. I am just nervous in general... still work up a sweat when she starts to cry in public... rights of a new mom. Apparently in the future my senses will slowly dull and someday I won't even be able to hear the cries nor will I care all in all WHO sees WHAT. Right Kell?? ;)
Ahhh how life changes when these little guys come around... 

Love this little ragamuffin and the involuntary smiles she threw around the first few weeks of her life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment