Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tibble Fork Res & Silver Lake // Pioneer Day

Take note of one of the greatest days of my life as discovering one of my most favorite places in the world!!!! Sad to say, but I'm slowly releasing my death grip on my California roots (waaaaaah). I am seriously coming around to Utah! It's soooo beautiful here! I had been dying to go to Silver Lake for some time after seeing pictures of it. We were on our way and then decided to stop at Tibble Fork Reservoir since it was so much closer and looked just as beautiful and kid friendly! I was in heaven. And so was this beauty:
 
Zach spent lots of time throwing her into the air so I'm sure she was having the best day of her life. Look at her fly!



 Amazing right?! I meant the view, but so are Zach's arms. He gets her so high and he wins a lot of arm wrestling if I do say so myself! :)
I love this sight:
 And then the shirt came off!! Haha
 There was this random rock way out there in the shallow water and Georgia was obsessed with making Zach collect big rocks and throw them out into the water for her.
 The water felt amazing! And actually, no crashing waves to worry about ;) (slowly letting go...)
 Even Bos was a doll that day!
 What a view!
I love the mix of that blue green water and those gorgeous trees.
 It's not the last we'll see of Tibble Fork!
We decided to go check out Silver Lake (about 30 minutes further into the mountains) just to make sure we weren't missing out on anything spectacular.
Georgia found a way to tune out Bos:
Haha it's something new every day! I love her. And I don't blame her!
 There was hardly anyone at Silver Lake, we almost had the place to ourselves. It was more rocky instead of muddy and the water wasn't as shallow. But Georgie was in heaven throwin rocks. I don't know what it is that is so automatic with kids... they just know to throw rocks and they can literally do it for hours.
 Beautiful but not as pretty as Tibble Fork in my opinion.



  This girl needs a kissing booth! She gives the lovliest kisses these days! She went through the funniest phase where she would rarely give kisses and when she did, she wouldn't look at you, just turn her face to you really solemn and annoyed as if it was the LAST thing on EARTH she wanted to do but she would bestow a kiss on you in return for something she wanted. Silly girl. Now she knows they get her what she wants so she's quick to get it over with! Smarty pants. I still love her kisses, begrudged or not.
We stopped to get the best shaved ice in Highland and then headed to Jared & Sheree's house to hang out with them for Pioneer Day (kind of a big deal in Utah. Almost like the 4th of July all over again!) I was exhausted and Bos was cranky so I was kind of dragging my feet at the thought of not going home that night until 11pm but I was also starving they were having a massive block party/BBQ. So off we went. Oh MAN was it SUCH a fun night!!!!! I absolutely loved every minute! I had somewhere to take care of Bos AND there was a huge party going on outside all afternoon and night long! 
The BBQ was at a neighbors house and there was SO much food! And the houses there are just drool worthy. About 1/5 of their yard:
They have the biggest coolest yard and the most luscious grass - both Zach and I swore we could sleep out on that grass. 
Some of Georgia's cute cousins:
We stayed out there for hours and just watched Georgia run around with literally 1,000 kids. And even watched her climb through the plants and bushes, run through the huge crowd of kids playing soccer, and then grab the attention of 3 10 year old boys as she pointed at them and rattled off her alien jibberish like she was asking them very important questions. She cracks me up. Even Bos was a good babe and snoozed in a stroller for a bit while I ate my weight in food & the most amazing watermelon. 
Me & Sheree:
 Miss Georgia Bean:

 Sheree's youngest, Soren, is about 6 months older than Georgia, but still the same build, he's a little guy! And they play so cute together.

 Pulling the Princess around! haha
  Next was a dance party in the street complete with a DJ, hundreds of leftover glow necklaces from Jared's 4th of July glow stand and about 5 huge bounce houses and water bounce houses, and root beer floats for the whole neighborhood. It was seriously fun! And I let Georgia eat cookies and pick up random drinks to her hearts content!
Bos was an angel and slept soundly on Sheree's bed while we walked to the end of the block and sat around the cul de sac as they shot off hundreds of firecrackers. I was a little nervous they were SO close but I loved it. There were hundreds of people and kids there that I didn't know but they were all good families and good wholesome kids and all packed around watching this cool show. Georgia had her eyes glued on them the whole time with her collection of glow rings :)
 I tried my best to get a family photo and this what I got hahaha:

 The grand finale of fireworks! She loves her daddy and he eats it up:
 Walking home:
Sweet Bos:
Again with the hair! I can't believe he used to have so much! And I can't believe he slept so good. I was so nervous about leaving him without a monitor and going a few blocks down. Yikes! Glad it worked out though.
It was really was a perfect day. I expected it to be too long, too exhausting, too everything, and it wasn't at all. I didn't want it to end. 

2 comments:

  1. If I were you I would hunt whatever zombie came in and stole your pressy perfect Bos and kill them hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the good ole days weren't they?!??

    ReplyDelete