Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Teary Drop-Off

Somehow I got stuck with the dreaded dropping them off at the airport on Friday morning! I was not looking forward to the goodbye... I definitely try to avoid goodbyes in anyway that I can. But I was happy to do it and it wasn't that bad. My parents kept it light (and busy with phone calls, duh) and pleasant. 
Don't be fooled by those smiles. There was much huffing and puffing over their mountains of luggage.
 We are going to miss those kisses from NaNa.
 And a selfie for the air! Something to remember me by ;) I did it for Booch. Someone has to fill her shoes right? 
 Are they not great looking Mission Presidents?! They are ready for the work.
 I almost made it without crying until the last minute when I saw them walking away... and then my mom came back for another kiss and a quick picture to remember that tender moment and that indeed her children love and care about them dearly. 

Some of the last bits of advice from my intelligent and loving Popsicle:
Always take care of your spouse and put them first, they will be the ones to take you to the celestial kingdom someday, and your children with their spouses and so on. Remember that every day and every thing we have is a gift from God, never feel like you deserve more. 
Great advice from a wise man. I love him so much and can always count of him for direction! I love my parents and will miss them so much but I am so incredibly happy and excited for this next chapter in their lives! I'm sure it will fly by.

1 comment:

  1. hhahaaha you posted your own "tearful goodbye" pic you dork--so obvs the threats that you gave me were for naught!!! Thanks for taking that one for the team, glad I wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete