Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 22, 2013

Getting Outdoorsy

Yes, you read that right - I'M getting outdoorsy! Haha. Actually, afternoon hikes in the mountains are glorious. You completely escape the heat and it's beautiful! I'm trying to find fun ways of getting back in shape and Zach suggested hiking. I dragged my feet at first and then decided that it was a totally awesome idea so we packed up and headed off to Cottonwood Canyons.
 Ummm, can you say #mancandy?? Haha! Thankfully, I dug this carrier out of a bag of stuff that my old boss had given me! Zach looks pretty good with his Ray Bans and his mini-me. Soooo outdoorsy ;) haha.
Seriously, Georgia LOVED it! She was soooo happy the entire time! Every time I turned around, she was kicking her legs and throwin out smiles.
Seeeeeee:

 The Lord's beauty:
The hike kept getting better and better. Pretty soon, we were surrounded by wild flowers and meadows. And then I started to FREAK OUT from the endless buzzing of the HUMONGOUS BUMBLE BEES!!! If you know me, you know that I am deathly afraid of bees. Like screaming, running away, I have bee-nightmares, deathly afraid! At one point I had to plug my ears and just look down and power-walk because I couldn't take the noise anymore, it was making me sweat.
She kills me:
Even when it got way chillier than I expected and all we could do was put a thin hat on her :( her poor hands and feet were ice cold! But she kept kickin away.
 Happy as a clam with the hat strap to eat.
It was such a fun night that we resolved to do this every weekend and even try a short camping trip some time! 
 I am not an outdoorsy girl, nor have I ever wanted to be, but I just CAN'T LIVE in this crazy heat! Anything to escape! And I was surprised at how much I loved hiking :) Zach promised next time we could hike to a stream or a waterfall or something. Can't wait.

1 comment: