Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 1, 2013

Send Off #1

Today is the day! Sister Blick goes into the MTC! And her 18 month journey begins... Of course we woke up early enough to stuff ourselves with Kneader's all you can eat french toast.
 Cherishing the last moments with Auntie Booch.
 Then we went home and got ready for the drop-off. And she squeezed in a little more time to rummage through my things for anything she could take. To remember me by right? :) She found the perfect shoulder bag that I used in college. 
 But not before ripping off the unwanted skull flag on the front. I should have though of that years ago... 
 Krissy picked us up so we didn't have to drive the heat-stroke minivan. I didn't want to drop Sister Blick off on her first day with wet hair and pit stains. 
 A little TOO happy to see Auntie Booch go...
That's more like it.
Eating her last requested meal before she commits to cafeteria food for 2 months and then Korean food for 16 months! The CBC obviously. 

 And then it was time. 
Isn't she lovely? 
Yes, I sang Stevie Wonder in my head as she walked away.
But not before saying our goodbye's first. 
 I actually thought it was a really good experience. With all the new missionaries flooding in, they changed things so that now you just drive up, drop them off, and say a quick goodbye. No spiritual movie, dramatic waving down the hallway, or time for tears. Just excitement, happiness, and then break the wrist and walk away! It was amazing to send her off in the midst of hundreds of happy and smiling missionaries, ready to greet and assist her in becoming an instrument to the Lord. 
And I have no doubt she will be awesome at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment