Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Miss Goo @ 6 Months

I can't believe my baby is SIX MONTHS!! Crazy to me. Just the other night it was late and I went into her room to feed her and she was out cold on my shoulder after and it's just moments like that where I hold her and I never want to let go and I realize how fast everything is going by. I realize that she won't always be this calm sleeping baby on my shoulder and I just want to freeze time for a little bit because I know I'll blink and she'll be walking. And then talking. And then running and playing and all grown up! Life will only get busier and I'll remember the days when I snuggled her late at night and they will seem like a million years ago. I just thank my Heavenly Father every day that she's mine and He entrusted her to me. I feel so incredibly lucky to have such a healthy and happy beautiful baby and I am just filled to the brim with gratitude for my life and my family. I am soaking up every minute of these days and trying to slow them down :)
Miss Georgia Bean is growing so fast and she's so incredibly beautiful! 




I gave her the piggy bank to see if it could get any smiles out of her.
And she just ended up eating it. Like everything else she gets her hands on these days! 
It was Sunday and AS PROMISED, I made dinner for Krissy & Matt! I know what you're thinking, but I even made SIDE DISHES! 
Lemon cream sauce chicken with peppers & onions, green beans with garlic and lemon, brown rice, and avocado & tomato balsamic salad. The statement stands - I CAN cook, I just don't ;) just kidding, I went through a few years where I wouldn't be bothered with cooking, but now that we are settled in our home, I am back on track and remembering how much I love all that homemade food! 
And thanks to Matt, he provided not ONE but TWO desserts for us!! Coconut cream pie and angel food cake with peaches and whipped cream. So so so so good! I even asked them to bring half a candle for G's 6 month birthday :) 
It was such a wonderful day spent with some of my very favorite people. 

By Now:

*Weigh's 15.25 lbs - 36th percentile
*25.5 inches long
*She is still very much bald - I have decided that I LOVE it and it keeps her looking babyish (I've seen little babies with lots and lots of hair and it just looks so weird to me! The little girls look like old men with short shaggy hair!) and she wears her headbands well :) 
*The few hairs she has are still reddish :) 
*She is just rolling away! She flips over like it's nobody's business and I really have to keep my eye on her now. 
*She loves to jump in her toy saucer and it's SO cute
*She likes to "fake cough" and copy us when we do it.
*She can really squeal and scream pretty loud! It's cute and fun, when we aren't in church...
*Likes it when we sing in church - always thinks we are singing to her
*She likes the water! We've taken her to water parks and in the pool and she splashes around and isn't even scared. 
*She can stay awake longer these days, sometimes over 3 hours if we are doing something fun like in the water or watching fireworks for the 4th of July :) 
*Doesn't scare easily, she was so mesmerized by the fireworks on Independence Day and just laid in my arms with her one foot bouncing up and down 
*Took her to the movies! Saw World War Z (yes, Zach made me, I was so nervous) and she was pretty good - fell asleep in my arms the last half.
*She is SO much fun to play with, always laughing and smiling and wanting to play with us. 
*Starting to develop mild separation anxiety, she whines if she sees me leaving the room...oh joy
*Eats rice cereal well and is hardly even messy! It's time to start her on other foods too...
*Get's sick of toys quickly (really only likes them for their tags) and finds just as much joy in plain old plastic bags and other things that make crinkly sounds. 
*She's outgrown her cradle! I often find her flipped over onto her tummy in the mornings now. 
*Anything she can grab, she wants to eat
*Lights up when she sees her daddy every day or on FaceTime. 

Nick Names:

We have our standard favorites (Miss Goo, Goo Bear, Boobadoo, etc...) but you know how names just develop for your little babe...so far we've come up with: 
*Cutesie Patoots
*Georgie Porgie Pie
*Beebeedee (courtesy of cousin Finley)
*Sweetsie Peetsie Pie
*Baby Goy-gia! (Zach's New Yorker accent...don't ask)
*Georgia Bean
*Rollie Pollie 





3 comments:

  1. Goo Bear is so freaking cute!!! My kids always loved fireworks--I felt so bad for people who's kids were screaming and scared out of their minds! And thanks for the hint, next time I visit I will be demanding two different desserts every night from Mott

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Okay, WHAT is my face doing in that picture??? Het yoh.
    2. She is seriously the cutest baby ever.
    3. You forgot to mention that Matt made two desserts just for you, Miss "I don't like coconut!"
    4. That dinner was seriously THE BOMB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allao I DID mention that MOTT made two desserts. EEEEEDiote. I can cook! I just don't!

      Delete